canon1000d first photos

Melontong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im a newbie at photography, and wanting to further educate myself in this field, I got myself canon eos 1000d recently and here are some photos I took with it :)

Critics and comments are really appreaciated, guys :wink:

NB: all the photos are taken with EF18-55mm lens and no editing.
and some photos need rotation but dont know how to do it on this forum. haha..

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

thank youuuuu!

Well, on 1, 2, 4 and 6, I would have closed down the lens for more DOF.

I like 6 the best because it isn't flowers :D

I'm no expert but to be honest with you, I think you have some work to do ahead of you in learning the techniques.

They all seem out of focus (except maybe the second one) and there is no strict intention on what you are trying to "catch" with your camera. The focus is confusing. For example, on the sixth, you wanted to focus on that "thing" (sorry, I don't know its name) but still, its peak is blurred. Well, I'm sorry, I can't express myself the way I would like to. If what i told you, makes no sense to you, please ignore and hopefully somebody will put it in words better that me :)

The colors look great and the exposures seem to be pretty good, nothing too dark and no blown highlights. as sunlioness mentioned, you seem to have some slight focusing issues. Some have too much DOF and the subject doesnt seem in focus. Also, the subjects themselves seem a little unclear, no obvious place for the eyes to settle. Definately nice first shots though, keep at it and you'll notice improvements.

Nick

I'm no expert but to be honest with you, I think you have some work to do ahead of you in learning the techniques.

They all seem out of focus (except maybe the second one) and there is no strict intention on what you are trying to "catch" with your camera. The focus is confusing. For example, on the sixth, you wanted to focus on that "thing" (sorry, I don't know its name) but still, its peak is blurred. Well, I'm sorry, I can't express myself the way I would like to. If what i told you, makes no sense to you, please ignore and hopefully somebody will put it in words better that me :)

the second one is the only one not in focus

I like the last one, however I would like to see more focus or maybe a different angle on the end of the plug.

Nice job! I'm also a newbie to the photography world and your pictures are better than mine :)

BTW, grats on your new XS purchase. Hope you abuse it well :D

yay....thanks everyone!
I'm now aware of what my main problems: to be more focused and "communicate" what is it exactly i want to take picture of ;p

btw, how about no 1? i thought it's pretty clear that the focus in on the pistil. what's wrong with no 1? mmm...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back