What's new

Can't tell if my sensor or lens is dirty or if I'm seeing things

Gallon

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 15, 2013
Messages
68
Reaction score
8
Location
South Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just taking some pictures now that my Christmas tree is finally up and I took one picture that made me rub my eyes.
$20131209-AJG_4887.webp
I am having a hard time figuring out what these dots are.
I took a couple of other pictures around the tree before even noticing the dots but when I went to look at them in Lightroom, I almost immediately noticed these "things". I looked at the other pictures and I can't find any distinct dots on the other pictures.
Is my sensor or lens dirty or do I just need to clean more.

Any help is appreciated.
 
Well, if it only appeared on a few pics it sounds like you had some dust on your lens.. If it's not showing up anymore idk what the problem is. Take a picture of a white wall or piece of paper and see if you see the specs. I hope you figure it out!
 
I don't think sensor crud shows up as light spots, generally speaking. My guess is that those are shiny things in the scene reflecting little bits of light.
 
Lights just barely peeking through from the other side of the tree?
 
I would recommend you take a shot of something fairly mundane like a wall with fairly average lighting and no active light sources and see if the effect reoccurs, if so then you'll know for sure if it's something with the camera/lens or just a weird effect caused by the lights on the tree. My guess is the effect your seeing is most likely from the lights on the tree.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom