Cant view RAW files...

PerfectlyFlawed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.feliciakelsayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So... I tried shooting in manual, and RAW the other day, just now getting to them to check out how I did.

Trying to upload them to my laptop (which is the only option i have at this point)--Running Vista. And it will not *Preview* them, or Open them at all.

I tried opening them in PSP x2 ... wont open them. ( Im getting LightRoom.. just dont have it YET )

WTF am I doing wrong? LOL Ahhh :gah: Is it right in front of my face--and I am having a blond moment.. Or did i screw something up? haha

EDIT:
Ok, so I got it to open with GIMP--BUT.. they're RIDICULOUSLY small...arg.

EDIT:
Ok so ive been searching google like crazy,
this is all i have come up with...
Raw camera formats supported by Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2

Manufacturer Models Canon EOS-1D,1Ds, 5D, 10D, 20D, 20Da, 30D, 300D, 350D, 400D, Rebel, Rebel XT, Rebel XTi, Kiss, Kiss n, Kiss x, D30, D60, G2, G3, G5, G6, S30, S40, S45, S50, S60, S70,Pro1 Fuji FinePix F700, S2 Pro, S3 Pro, S5000Z, S7000Z Kodak DCS 14n, DCS720X, DCS760C, DCS760M Konica Minolta DiMAGE 5, 7, 7Hi, 7i, DiMAGE A1, A2, Dynax 5D, Dynax 7D, Maxxum 5D, Maxxum 7D, Alpha 7, Alpha Sweet Digital Nikon D1H, D1X, D2H, D40, D40x, D50, D70, D70s, D80, D100, D200, 5400, 8800 Olympus C-5050, C-5060, C-8080, E-1, E-10, E-20, E-400, E-500 Pentax K100D, K110D, K10D, *ist D, *ist DL2, *ist DS, *ist DS2 Samsung GX-1S Sony Alpha100, F828, V3, R1

http://corel.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/762182

Kind of looking like its not supporting my cameras RAW files...?

Last edited:
You usually need Adobe bridge or one of those programs that can view RAW your windows viewer doesnt recognize RAW files once you process them from RAW to jpeg then you will be able to see them on you pc as any othe normal shot.

grab lightroom! I had the same problem, where i could not open them, or they would open rlly small. lightroom 2 opens them, and allows me to even preview them!

I have photoshop elements 8 and in view nx I choose to open them with the program and it does it for me. What pp program you running. In elements in the raw editting tool I then have the option to open them directly into the Photoshop Editor where I convert it to a JPEG.

You usually need Adobe bridge or one of those programs that can view RAW your windows viewer doesnt recognize RAW files once you process them from RAW to jpeg then you will be able to see them on you pc as any othe normal shot.

I cant even open them to convert them.

I have photoshop elements 8 and in view nx I choose to open them with the program and it does it for me. What pp program you running. In elements in the raw editting tool I then have the option to open them directly into the Photoshop Editor where I convert it to a JPEG.

PSP x2 ( which i love ) I have Photoshop Cs2 BUT its on my Desktop which is packed from my current move. So i am left with PSP on my laptop, and GIMP.
I am in the process of gettin LR2.

Your Canon program disc should have a RAW editing program that PS will hook up with. It did with my PSE.

OK, I got LR 2. Yay me! Got to view them. 2 out of 30 didnt suck... I was practicing with my reversal ring.. and my 50. Theyre not the worst but far from being great... Its just nice to see them finally, lol.

Thanks for the help guys~

I have nikon , silly :p lol
Then the Nikon application that came with your camera, NX2, will open the RAW files.

Aww wish i would have thought to bring that. ( its packed ) blah.. Didnt think id need it with the other PP programs.

Lesson learned.

LightRoom 2 is working pretty good so far..

Most reactions

Back