Canvas Prints...Help please >>>

hacksaw35

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am doing a project for a friend that will include 4 canvas prints. I have decided to buy the paper, have them printed, and then stretch them myself...b/c I am using odd sizes & the gallery wrap prices are outrageous.

Has anyone done this before? Any tips?

Also, what brand of canvas is best...on Adorama I can pick between: Premier Imaging, Inkpress, and Projet.

Thanks.

Dan

What size of a print are you doing? Did you use your D80 to take the shots for the canvas?

I have stretch canvas prints before, but have never done the printing. I had someone else do the printing and I did the stretching into gallery wrap. Its pretty easy and there are a lot of ways to do it with many examples on the web and even on youtube.

Thanks for the reply.
For this project I am going to use some art work I have made in illustrator and photoshop...no camera this time.
I was thinking about getting the paper that is 13"x19" and using 4 of those to make 4 canvases (forming a large square once hung)

I just didn't really know what brand to use (i guess the more expensive would be my best bet)...and if I need to treat the print before and after stretching it to make it turn out alright. I will have to do a little more research on the web, but I thought someone here would have some experience. Thanks.

Most reactions

Back