Cape Cod Seagull

T4int3dInn0c3nc3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone on TPF! I'm new here(ish). This is a seagull I photographed at a local harbor. Then quick run through Lightroom. Please C&C with any advice you have. :D How would you have taken it differently? Different settings, perspective?

wl7jw6.jpg

Exposure: 1/2500
F Number: 5.6
ISO: 100
Flash: No flash
On my Canon Rebel T3

maybe moved to the left a bit so it isn't so centered and the other bird's butt isn't in the pic

maybe moved to the left a bit so it isn't so centered and the other bird's butt isn't in the pic

Yeah I have other pictures but unedited:
6s6e69.jpg

Any ideas anyone on how to edit it? Im not exactly a pro at lightroom :)

The second one's a little dark... You can adjust the exposure some. I don't use lightroom, so I'm not help there. I only know photoshop.

Last edited:
I agree that the first one should be a bit more to the left. Then you get rule of thirds and you also don't have the other seagull in it. Great shot and colors otherwise, I love the post that it is standing on. I much prefer the first shot over the second one. The second one needs to be a bit brighter and although the background is significantly blurred, the gull doesn't seem to "pop" out of the background as much as the first bird. Nice shooting though!

nice. and in Ma. they are seagulls

Below is my quick edit. I think it works better in vertical orientation, without some of the background distractions and the bird not being so centered. I also adjusted the white balance, exposure and sharpened it a bit. One problem is the crop being to tight on the right but I really wanted to keep the left edge of the wooden pillar in the photo.

6739220805_003a98d489.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah I have other pictures but unedited:
6s6e69.jpg

Any ideas anyone on how to edit it? Im not exactly a pro at lightroom :)

I wouldn't bother with this one. The positioning of the white poles behind the bird is unfortunate. That particular angle doesn't do much for me either.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back