Reaction score
2458713846_d2c44d1433.jpg

2458713676_e82e54e58b_b.jpg

2457880207_d8a10491ca_o.jpg

2457880135_fdae84af41.jpg

2457880343_8c1e6e2ac1_o.jpg

Does the grain work?

(Ricoh GR-D)

Most of the shots didn't do much for me, personally. I like #2 a lot, however. Seemed the grain might have been a bit on the high side, but I like the effect. It did have some weird halo effect around the bird for some reason.

Specifically on 2, I loved the angle... usually people howl about angled shots, but I think it adds something--- maybe a sense of being on another boat and the waters not being so stable or something... not sure. I also love the position of the boat in the crop with more sea to the left. The water puts a lot of texture in the shot. Very nice. I really like this shot a LOT.

3 seems like an ok subject, but actually it seems like the grain is too much. It almost felt like no grain and more sharpness would be called for in this one- it would bring out those footprints, too, which would be cool. I also think the shot would be better in color. Those skies looked like they might have been pretty impressive, and since you have sun on the board, I'm guessing you'll get nice blue skies with some pretty variable clouds with a lot of dark in them. Could be a slick shot.

4 seems like the crop may have been too aggressive? Not certain. The sign seems too much of a distraction the way it is for me. The contrast seems too much, but again I wonder if this might be better as a color shot, or maybe if it just needs to be lightened a bit?

5 was a lot of empty space for me, and hard to tell what I was looking at... the elements on the land are too small to make out... again, I wonder if this might make a better color shot just because you likely have a TON of blue, and likely two very different blues with the sea and sky. Maybe make it more a study of color than subject and it might work?

I would be very curious to see any changes you make if you happen to agree with any of my suggestions.

Most reactions

Back