Capoeira school opening, C&C much appreciated

ausemmao

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are some shots taken over the weekend. First time taking dance/martial arts photography. Was ...interesting having to shoot at 1/250 and 1/400 indoors and it still not being always enough to freeze motion. Live and learn :) C&C desired and welcomed :)

# by ausemmao, on Flickr

Capoeirista by ausemmao, on Flickr

# by ausemmao, on Flickr

Closer by ausemmao, on Flickr

Dcat by ausemmao, on Flickr

The rest are here

Thanks for looking!

The background in #1 bugs me ... possibly because it looks too cluttered.
#2 ... nice candid shot.
#3 the two participants get lost in the shot, white on white.
#4 This is your strongest shot ... you kept the standing people out ... and captured THE moment.
#5 background distractions again. You might have done better by moving to a different angle.

The background in #1 bugs me ... possibly because it looks too cluttered.
#2 ... nice candid shot.
#3 the two participants get lost in the shot, white on white.
#4 This is your strongest shot ... you kept the standing people out ... and captured THE moment.
#5 background distractions again. You might have done better by moving to a different angle.

I forgot how quickly this forum moves! Thanks for that. I see what you mean about the subjects getting lost in the detail. Any tips on how to mitigate that? There isn't much to do moving around, as everyone is standing in a 3-5m radius circle, and I don't really have time to use anything but hyperfocal (AF is far, far too slow - have about a quarter to half a second to react, focus and shoot, and I'm not good enough to do that yet :lol:). Going higher or lower perhaps to change angles?

For 3, they were the only 2 doing anything, it was in a break, which is why there was space.

In a confined space you cannot do much about changing viewpoints.
You can get higher so the floor becomes more of the background.

As you are shooting wide angle with hyperfocal distance set your background will be in fair focus ...

Most reactions

Back