Car/Bike shoot

Kstrong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A local photography site I go on put on a car/bike shoot, so I went and got some pictures, let me know what you think.

P.S. It was also my first time shooting with models too :D

1-
2783646761_5681dd5b78.jpg

2-
2783639495_5b224bfb14.jpg

3-
2783635111_8a0c6ae59f.jpg

4-
2783388234_6cd6e8b4f2.jpg

5-
2783382836_4072841af0.jpg

6-
2783378008_61902089ca.jpg

I like 4 the best. =P

Hot models make any picture better! ;)

C&C per req:

1. Good exposure on her skin and the bike; a shame about the blown sky. Always make sure that the subject is looking toward you (not necessarily right at you, but toward you) unless there's a reason for them not to. In this case, it looks to me like she's trying to decide what to have for supper. As well, I think a more open crop on this one would have helped, as the motocycle portion is so small that you can't be 100% sure that it is a motorcycle until you look closely. Lastly, always make a last-minute check for things like the bit of bra and strap that are showing on her left side.

2. Better pose & expression, but still not enough of the car. A little diffuse fill light around her waist would have helped as well.

3. This one doesn't work; too much DoF (the background should be at least soft vice sharply focused) and the other model and car are competing for the eye's attention.

4. I think this might have been better as a 3/4 profile rather than side-on. The lighting is a little harsh, and the cop a little too tight on the front; perhaps it would work better in landscape aspect.

5. Not really liking this one too much; she's trying to hard with her pose (and doesn't look like she's really into it). As well, the dark area lower right draws the eye away from the bikes and the girl.

6. This would have been a nice one if the model was cooperating. She too looks like she's trying to remember if she already picked up her dry-cleaning or not. I think perhaps just a bit brighter on her front and the motorcyles.

Overall, some good work. Most of the issues I have with these images centre on the models, and in this type of shoot you can't really 'direct' them the way you would in a commerical shoot.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Thanks for the comments and critique. There where quite a few photographers shooting, and I kinda buddied up with one and we both shot together, so thats why in some they are looking away from me.

I was also having a lot of problems with the sky, I could get either it, or the model nicely exposed, but never both at the same time.

Heres one more, had to do a little bit in PS to brighten up the car so you could see it.

I love the colours in the sky in this one.
2783720369_c76f83e291.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back