You got low, there not to bad, just takes a lot away from the photo with all the other cars around. just makes it look like you were doing what you were, shooting in a parking lot.
I have another of these meet tonight, I can have access to a flash (SB-600). What would be the ideal positioning for it? It's the flash of one of my friend, so I didn't practice very much with it
one flash is going to be hard to light up a car properly, esp if you have to use it on camera. I would suggest taking a tripod instead and going with a lot longer shutterspeed. if theres a nice car ask them to pull it out away from other cars and shoot it by itself.
So, tonight: D7000, tripod, aperture or speed priority? I assume that I can use iso 100 or 200... would you suggest to take the picture lower than that or the height was ok? What would you consider good in shutterspeed? With or without flash?
i liked the leve you had with the gto. but depending on the car, the angle the size your location should adjust to suit each car. as far as shutterspeed it all depends on how dark it is, and the situation really. no one easy answer. A or S priority really is all in what your comfortable with. you can try handholding the flash and using a longer exposure and then flashing the car in a few diffrent spots for a single long exposure.
Yesterday was kind of hard for me... no good lightning, dirty cars... but here we go:
This is the only one I really like...
Ohhh the new BRZ, oups no, it's the FR-S!!
I tried to use differently the flash with this BMW, yes it was dirty, and yes the background is kind of distracting, beside that, which one would be the best? (or the least bad ):