TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any comments will be appreciated!

_DSC2772.jpg

_DSC2758.jpg

_DSC2761.jpg

It would be much better if you shoot it under day light.

You needed flash...and lots of it. Or take these while there's daylight.

Car meeting are rarely in the day ;) I personnaly like the contrast between the orange of the parking light and the dark blue of the sky

that or a tripod so you can have set a longer shutterspeed. Sorry but there very underexposed, not super sharp and just snapshots really.

You got low, there not to bad, just takes a lot away from the photo with all the other cars around. just makes it look like you were doing what you were, shooting in a parking lot.

I have another of these meet tonight, I can have access to a flash (SB-600). What would be the ideal positioning for it? It's the flash of one of my friend, so I didn't practice very much with it

one flash is going to be hard to light up a car properly, esp if you have to use it on camera. I would suggest taking a tripod instead and going with a lot longer shutterspeed. if theres a nice car ask them to pull it out away from other cars and shoot it by itself.

So, tonight: D7000, tripod, aperture or speed priority? I assume that I can use iso 100 or 200... would you suggest to take the picture lower than that or the height was ok? What would you consider good in shutterspeed? With or without flash?

Thank you!

i liked the leve you had with the gto. but depending on the car, the angle the size your location should adjust to suit each car. as far as shutterspeed it all depends on how dark it is, and the situation really. no one easy answer. A or S priority really is all in what your comfortable with. you can try handholding the flash and using a longer exposure and then flashing the car in a few diffrent spots for a single long exposure.

I did a quick edit on #1 on my laptop, although this is processing this is the look I would go for with my own setup.

_DSC2772.jpg

I like very much the blue tint in the headlight! What did you do (beside cropping) to give it that look?

I will try some bracketing too to HDRize it!

You have to be careful with Night HDR, it's very easy to create a noisey halo-fied image at night.

All I did was play with the color balance to eliminate the yellow color cast from the incandescent lighting.

Yesterday was kind of hard for me... no good lightning, dirty cars... but here we go:

This is the only one I really like...

_DSC27982.jpg

Ohhh the new BRZ, oups no, it's the FR-S!!

_DSC2892.jpg

I tried to use differently the flash with this BMW, yes it was dirty, and yes the background is kind of distracting, beside that, which one would be the best? (or the least bad :p):

Direct flash firing:

_DSC2848.jpg

Side flash firing:

_DSC2854.jpg

No flash at all:

_DSC2852.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back