Car Photography

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9733/frontangle2small.jpg

Favorite pic, by far. All are pretty well-done although slightly over-done (makes it look almost like a video game in certain shots)

Thanks.... yea i look back at these they were done a while ago when I was kind of new to all of this. I have all of the raw files, I would probably go back and do these again without even using any of the HDR software and just doing my own concoction with layers and the multiple exposures.

Really nice pictures!

frontangle2small.jpg

that's your strongest pic, the others don't do too much for me, you cut many of the beautiful things off of the cars in a lot of the others, the thing that bothers me is the wheels are straight, but it seems to work on that picture

great looking cars nonetheless, the "HDR" photos are a little too dark for me as well, did you mean in your post that you had one exposure and "faked" it into "hdr"

seeing these i dont think you belong in the beginer section

they're too good

frontangle2small.jpg

that's your strongest pic, the others don't do too much for me, you cut many of the beautiful things off of the cars in a lot of the others, the thing that bothers me is the wheels are straight, but it seems to work on that picture

great looking cars nonetheless, the "HDR" photos are a little too dark for me as well, did you mean in your post that you had one exposure and "faked" it into "hdr"

No these shots posted i used Photomatix to generate my HDR, which now being alot more comfortable with photoshop and editing, i feel i should bring in the 7 images indepedantly and sort of make my own HDR style image in photoshop. Photomatix likes to create artifacts sometimes, especially with water moving in the background or clouds... so, i have a feeling i may get some great results that way as well.. I am planning on producing a GT-R Calendar soon with all my shots i have of my car and others. I plan on taking my equipment down to the race track end of the month there is 38 GTR's coming and i should be able to get some great shots.

Mark

For being a "beginner" you're real good. I'm always curious how do people make the clouds so pronounced?

Clbd39: I think when taking car photos all wheels should be straight, doors, closed (unless it's a lambo). It males for a cleaner look. Of course some times it's nice to break that rule, but for the most part you get a cleaner shot.

As others have said I love that car!

wheels should mostly face the camera, with proper exposure as well

the only situations where the "rules" say to have the wheels straight is for a straight on shot, ie. facing the hood, facing the trunk, or facing the side (doors) otherwise the wheels should face the camera, definitely NOT the tires but straight sometimes works with a 3/4 shot, in that case it seems to work..

OP: sorry I misread your first post, i thought you were saying you took a single exposre and tried to "HDR" out of that... my mistake

Well, I looked at the first one. I really like that GT3! I couldn't wait for the others to load. The clouds have nice color but don't look natural to me...could be the slight shift between exposures. You and your friend must have some spare green floating around...because that's some serious $$ being thrown around :thumbup:

You're bat**** crazy for driving like that in traffic...

But awesome pictures, and cars :)

You're bat**** crazy for driving like that in traffic...

But awesome pictures, and cars :)

Thats a very rare thing.. i dont drive crazy at all.. but i received alot of emails and new HD 1080p cameras i wanted to play with. So i told people i would go do a quick pull.. it was only 10 seconds of acceleration up to 140.. then i stopped.. I didnt realize i would catch traffic that fast, i had a huge gap between them... But that was the most desolate area i could find at that time :(..

The clouds i like the surreal look.. Thats what i went for.. I also created some from single exposures that were more realistic looking skies.

lol thats some crazy fast driving! that thing is definitely smooth and picks up quick!

+ 1 on the camera, i have a friend using one at the 100AW Rally coming up, that thing takes great video

wheels should mostly face the camera, with proper exposure as well

the only situations where the "rules" say to have the wheels straight is for a straight on shot, ie. facing the hood, facing the trunk, or facing the side (doors) otherwise the wheels should face the camera, definitely NOT the tires but straight sometimes works with a 3/4 shot, in that case it seems to work..

Ahhhh Ic. :thumbup:

I see you standing in the reflection in the first one.

I see you standing in the reflection in the first one.

yea this was a while ago.. i finally realized i have to stay away.. I only had a close lens at the time.. Now i shoot a bit further away and at a point where u wont see my reflections.

Most reactions

Back