Car pics, just sharing, C&C welcome

DSLR noob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, a few shots from Sunday night when hanging out with some car friends. I personally feel I've gotten a LOT better since I last shared, let me know what you think of the series or any photo in particular.

SuperGt.jpg

GThood.jpg

backline.jpg

lazers.jpg

highlight.jpg

sideZ.jpg

speedracer.jpg

superZ.jpg

1. Really nice, only problem is it's almost too blurry near the headlights/taillights

2. I love it.

the rest of your pics are good aswell

Thanks, yeah the problem with the blurriness is the gaussian filter that adds to that "dream" look. The picture just wasn't as strong without it.Also the headlights where flaring up accross the lens glass a bit.

original:
IMG_0106.jpg

ok I see how it is, the supra thread gets tons of comments but a generic "cars" title is ignored.

Honestly, I think most of these need a lot of work, but let me start with the positives.

#5 was REALLY cool. I love the lights and the shiny black car, the angle is pretty cool. Just a nice shot. I might crop it a bit differently, but I find it hard to find fault with it. Very cool.

#8 is pretty neat. I like the black on black, barely visible. Neat shot.

Now onto the less positives...

#1 is probably fine, I just didn't personally like it. Interesting idea, certainly, but the red in the back was really distracting for me.

#2 was kinda neat but whatever is reflecting in it was distracting for me. honestly, seems like an opportunity missed... getting something cool reflected in the hood might be pretty cool. Not bad in general, though... just kind of meh.

#3 seemed cute conceptually but didn't work for me. I think because of the fact that the cars are not lined up that well makes it look more like a quick snapshot. BTW... RX7, 240SX, 300ZX.... MUSTANG? :lmao:

#4... whatever that light is on the right there is really weird on the shot.

#6 is fine, but not interesting really.

#7 seems like a missed snapshot... the top of the car being absent is really distracting.

I think part of the problem may be that you have later afternoon/early evening shots and its almost like you're trying to do more of a night shot effect. #5 totally pulls off the later-afternoon thing, whereas many of the rest don't seem to. I'm just speculating here.

In any case, you've clearly hit the nail on the head on a couple (at least from where I stand)... others may need some work, but those 2 are really cool.

You don't know how many lighting tricks were pulled off with head and tail lights to get some of these shots haha. I directed a symphony of flashing and whatnot. The #5 you adore so much was not a mid afternoon shot at all. It was REALLY dark and the exposure was 20 seconds long with a quick half second flash of the brake lights to dial in with the ambient light haha.

#7 The top of the car being chopped off, is because when the mustang flashed hish brigths at the Rx-7 for a 3 or 4 seconds during the 30 second exposure, it wasn't aimed to hit the roof.

#4 The weird light on the 300ZX is the Rx-7s headlights, the black 300ZX wouldn't show up in the shot even with the 30 second exposure, and I don't have a cable release so 30 seconds is my limit haha.

#3 haha yeah those are just the friends me and my cars have haha

Not making excuses but just a few explanations. Thank you for your comments, I will try to take them in mind.

^^^ hehe

yeah, well as I said the afternoon thing was speculation, but I'm amazed I was wrong on that one shot... too funny.

As always any of that is just my opinion, you know? If you like 'em then what the hell do I know? :D

Well, no it'sok, I just wanted to explain, I'm not defending them, but I was just quite proud of myself for playing with light for the first time.

Well, no it'sok, I just wanted to explain, I'm not defending them, but I was just quite proud of myself for playing with light for the first time.

That's cool. Totally understand. I should post up some of my pics from when I first played with light in the "ha ha" section... they're fricken HORRIBLE. :lmao: You did waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than I did.

Come to think of it, you probably did better than I currently do!

I suck, really. :)

I agree alot with what Man said.

But, pretty creative for it being night.

Most reactions

Back