Car pictures for CC

red__zed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The lighting in most of these shots was not at all conducive to quality shooting-- taken around noon in bright sunlight, but I think they turned out OK despite that. <br><br>
DSC_1378.jpg
<br>1<br><br>
DSC_1354.jpg
<br>2<br>
DSC_1343.jpg
<br>3<br>
DSC_1330.jpg
<br>4<br>
DSC_0107-cropped.jpg
<br>5<br>
DSC_0131.jpg
<br>6<br><br>
DSC_0052.jpg
<br>7

Although there wasn't much you could probably do about it, other objects in the background detract from the focus of the shot (especially that bright yellow car). Also, lower angles generally make car pictures look better. With these two things in mind 6 is probably my favorite.

the mustang and the back shot of the 370 are my favorites.

are you planning on getting into automotive photography? or just documenting?

The lighting in most of these shots was not at all conducive to quality shooting-- taken around noon in bright sunlight, but I think they turned out OK despite that.
DSC_0052.jpg

Just an illustration of a point... a few moments taken when you compose a shot will save a LONG time in editing a shot.

DSC_0052.jpg

Both kinda. I'm mostly just trying to learn what I am doing.

The lighting in most of these shots was not at all conducive to quality shooting-- taken around noon in bright sunlight, but I think they turned out OK despite that.
DSC_0052.jpg

Just an illustration of a point... a few moments taken when you compose a shot will save a LONG time in editing a shot.

DSC_0052.jpg

thanks for the edit. I unfortunately didn't have many places to choose from, and that was the best angle I could get on things.

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

thanks for the edit. I unfortunately didn't have many places to choose from, and that was the best angle I could get on things.

Try rolling shots. Those are really fun.

5986512189_5bbedcd3b8_z.jpg

5987069990_ed421dd279_z.jpg

any links that you suggest for tips on rolling shots? I'm not sure if it's called panning or just 'motion' shots.

Use the servo mode for focusing if you're still and the car is moving. Then pan with the car as it passes and you'll get the desired background blur.
Alternately, if you're moving with the car in another vehicle, tight control of depth of field will achieve the same thing.

See page 85 of your D3100 User's Manual (Active D-Lighting)

You can set up the Fn button to activate Active D-Lighting. (page 146).

DSC_0052.jpg

5986512189_5bbedcd3b8_z.jpg

5987069990_ed421dd279_z.jpg

Plan to give it a shot when I have the chance.

Sent from my iPhone

ive been taking all my shots from another car. AI Servo in manual. 30-40 mph with iso at 200.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back