What's new

Car shoot?

bl1nd

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 2, 2012
Messages
55
Reaction score
2
Location
Detroit
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My buddy asked me to take some pictures of his car, and I figured I'd share them to try and get some honest opinions on what to do different?

#1



#2


#3
 
1. looks like its leaning and the crop is too close.
2.The backgrounds warm color distracts the cool tone of the car. might have worked better black and white.
3.The trees pull my eye instead of the car.
Just my two cent so take it for what it's worth.
 
It's a start but there's still plenty of room to create a more professional looking image.

1. I don't feel like there is any true focal point, my eye doesn't get drawn to a specific part of the image. Your job as the photographer is to guide me through the image. Do you want me to look at the badge, the bulge in the bonnet, the carbon detailing or something else? You can do this with selective focus, framing or even lighting.

2. I think with this image you were probably trying to emphasise or at least show off the contours on the bonnet, if that's what you were trying to do then I think you've got the general idea. Perhaps you could try a few different angles and possibly try to draw some hard, contrasty light across the bonnet; that'll really show off that crazy bulge!

3. With this kind of 'stock' car photo the background is as important as the car. Your background is quite distracting, there's people, cars, signs and heavily contrasting light. I understand that you might not be able to control these things but I've had that problem too! What I'm always told is that everything in the image has to have a purpose, this applies most importantly to photography like this. You've framed it well and I can see where I'm meant to be looking, I'm just being pulled elsewhere.

I attached a shot of mine, purely for illustration, I'm not saying it's good but it might help you. There's nothing in the background that I don't want, it's not too distracting there's no people, signs or other cars. That's partly thanks to photoshop because there was a huge building and loads of signs, but there's always somewhere without people!


I think it's a nice car and it's got potential!
 

Attachments

  • $8142239637_1a94c7d6f5_c.webp
    $8142239637_1a94c7d6f5_c.webp
    89 KB · Views: 90
Ill defienitly take those into account, My engine should be built soon, and I plan on a nice photoshoot next spring. Ill give that all a try next time. Thank you.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom