Carnival

StefaninLA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Coachella music and arts festival 2015

Carnival.jpg

Idea excellent, compo nice and dynamic. Tonal separation suffers, IMO too gray overall, it makes the picture a bit flat. (At least on my screen :02.47-tranquillity:.) I would see sky much darker and tents and wheel lighter. That would add three dimensionality.

I appreciate the input. Ive never really tried doing post on Black and whites, and I also managed to get a Black and white really pop, like some pics I see do.

Thanks Gary.....A friend of mine was mentioning using blue filters while shooting black and white? For some reason I have an "easier" time doing post on color pics.

Any pointers?

Carnival_opt.jpg
Here I just added more contrast

Thanks Gary.....A friend of mine was mentioning using blue filters while shooting black and white? For some reason I have an "easier" time doing post on color pics.

Any pointers?
Do it all in post. Do you shoot RAW? Shooting RAW would give you a bit more latitude for gray control. What program(s) do you use for post processing?

And there in lies my problems I think Gary. I shoot RAW, but then import to iphoto, with saves it as jpeg I believe, SO im screwed right from the get go. The only post program I have is PS cs5, but will soon get Lightroom and bypass iphoto all together.

It really is a great destroyer of potentials that iphoto

Lightroom is pretty much a standard. There are other very good photo manipulation programs you should review. If I was starting out I'd take a very close look at Capture 1 and Photo Ninja. Affinity is an up and coming program with promise. I shoot Fuji and convert RAW in Aperture then polish the images in CS6. Aperture has no future, when it can no longer read my files I'll probably move to C1. I think Photo Ninja has a slight edge with Fuji files over C1, but Ninja slows way down when working with a ton of images. I usually shoot a ton of images. I am thinking of taking a hard look at Affinity.

awesome. thanks for all that info. Gives me options.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back