Carpenters at Work - C&C Please

JimMcClain

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
1footinthegrave.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't do a lot of people photography and it's been a while since I posted any pictures at all, so...

Nikon D810, Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD hand-held at 70mm, f/4.5, 1/1000s, ISO 400.
carpenters1501-15-x1080.jpg

C&C appreciated.

Yep, tighter crop, but good shot though. It could be in a trade mag.

Yup Grandad's crop is the winner. Lovely shot and perfect lighting! Like someone said, it wouldn't look out of place in a trade mag.

That vertical was my first reaction naturally, but I did not like the busy bottom right, hammer and all that stuff, it is too distracting to my eye, and contradicts the rest of the image that is laconic.

Excellent, @Granddad, that orientation enhances the perilousness of the carpenter's work, as well as preserves the story others were quick to truncate. You couldn't tell for sure this was about carpenters without the tool belt and hammer - except that I told you that's what they were.

Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments. I appreciate the feedback.

I think Granddad's crop is right on.
Perhaps a little less saturation and lightening the blue jacket to bring some dimension to it.
Great dynamic shot.
carpentersllll.jpg

That's a really nice photo, I love everything about it! I bet the carpenters would love a copy.
And I really like Grandpa's crop!

I contacted the company the carpenters work for (the guy on the left is actually one of the owners). I emailed them the picture - after I re-edited the picture to crop it similar to Granddad's edit (see below). I also provided them the high-res version, in case they want prints or for any other reason.

carpenters1501-15v-1080x.jpg

Jim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back