Carrying Critisism too Far?

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday, when approaching the spot where a luxuriously leafed-out tree provided cooling shade over the bench on which I have done countless New York Times crosswords and from which I have taken countless ( too many?) photos, mostly involving the fence that surrounds our community, I discovered the tree was gone! Well, not exactly gone - workmen were cutting up the pieces of it that remained on the ground, and feeding them into a chipper. I asked why the tree had been taken down, since it appeared to be very healthy, and its shade lowered the ambient temperature by about twenty degrees F. They explained that they did not take it down; it simply fell over at about four in the morning. Fell over? I suspect that a group of Critical Commandos from the Forum simply could not bear the thought of any more shot-from-the-bench posts and took matters into their own hands. But I will continue to stand up (sit down?) for vertical line elements, even at the risk of sunburn!

CF85F6CC-561A-4982-8916-FB25DD5610B3.jpeg

56097374-C7C0-403A-8167-A1A2D88EB447.jpeg

Last edited:
After discussion, we decided that knocking over the tree would be easier than clipping the crossword out of your paper every morning...

Seriously, though, sorry you lost your shady spot. That's a bummer in the summer.

It wasnt me.. it's to cold to be there... =]

We found a better spot for you, down the block a mile, out back in the alley. We're just waiting for you discover it. You don't need to worry about finding a bathroom, no one else has back there...:boogie:

Sorry to hear about your tree, sucks when a favorite spot gets disrupted.

I didn't do it but I am an accomplice ... I took my pet armadillo (Chewy) to the tree and he burrowed round the roots until it fell over.

370 Armadillo flower bed cvt.jpg

All My Love,
Chewy

Sorry to hear about you tree, seriously. There's a huge old mossy oak at the swamp where I take a lot of pics and if that tree disappeared I would be shocked.

Most reactions

Back