Cars on Ice

polymoog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.polymoog.se
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some local drivers get sideways on the lake (ice thickness = 80cm)

bana008.jpg

bana006.jpg

bana017.jpg

bana028.jpg

Setup = Pentax *ist DL + Sigma 70-300, ISO 200, other EXIF available on request

Looks like fun!!
Good panning on these!

Thanks, I was quite close to them, trying some different angles, not many came out though ;-)

Nice, lol how did I know this was Sweden before looking at your location? ;)

Haha thanks, maybe it's the cold that gives it away ;-)

looks like a TON of fun. nice and slippery AND there are no curbs to hit and bend your rims on while drifting :irked:

-Mike

looks like a TON of fun. nice and slippery AND there are no curbs to hit and bend your rims on while drifting :irked:

-Mike

No there are no curbs, but one guy did manage to wreck a tyre anyway, I think it just gave out because he said it just happened, he didn't run over anything ... but yes, the snow at the sides is much better to run into than curbs :) :

bana036.jpg

what shutter speed were u using?

1/125 sec, that's my favourite blurred background shutter speed, although 1/160 works for faster moving objects as well. I would like to get more results at 1/100 and 1/80 but you really have to make sure you follow the object exactly otherwise part or all of it will get blurred as well. At a snowmobile event last week I took quite a few pics at 1/100 but had very few keepers.

You can counteract that to a certain extent by using a flash and have it fire on the second curtain, you'll freeze the subject better and have better fill lighting, but I keep forgetting to try that out
doh.gif
- maybe this weekend ... :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back