Case recommendation for Rebel XTi?

oo7b0nds

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, i'm pretty new to photography (been shooting for about 6 months) and ive been looking for a nice case for my XTi. i was looking at the EH-18L case, but i heard that it only really fits on the kit lens. im going to be getting either the canon 24-105mm f/4L or Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L soon and i'd like to be able to fit the camera in the case with the lens. any suggestions?

does anyone have any opinions on the lowepro Toploader 65 AW? looks like a nice case.

Your best bet would be to head into a well stocked camera store and see what they have. It's hard to judge these things on the internet.

thanks for the reply. i was planning on going into a local camera store once i find out what to look for. any suggestions on what to look out for?

If you are going it to a store...just keep your mind open. You may find something that you like or dislike about something that you thought you wanted.

There are plenty of different styles of bags. Shoulder, sling, backpack....some have room for extra stuff, some don't.

Think about the future...do you want this for just the gear you have now...or maybe for something else that you might get. You don't want to buy something that will force you to leave something behind because it won't fit...or maybe you just want something compact.

Maybe you want something that doesn't look like a camera bag...check out Crumpler bags.

I personally have several Lowepro bags and their quality is pretty good.

i've been looking at mostly holster style cases because i already have a semi large case i can carry around up to 3 lenses (currently i only have one) and all my stuff (and them some) that is just too large to carry around all day. so i like the holster style so i can leave my large case in my hotel room or whatever (i'll be doing a lot of traveling pretty soon) , and just sling the case around my neck/shoulder if i'm going to be out for long periods.

i'll be going my local store sometime this week, thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back