Casio Exilim EX-G1

3bayjunkie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.colbyjack.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey I am planning on getting one of these pocket cameras for the trip to Iraq so i can use it when Im not lugging around my SLR.

Casio Exilim EX-G1 Digital Camera (Black) "High EX-G1BK B&H

what do you think of it as far as durability and photo taking ability. Is there anything comparable that Nikon makes? I like Nikon but This one seems cool and they have it at our local PX =)

If you're ok with a mediocre LCD screen and the camera taking microSD cards, than it's fine. Personally i'd go with one of the Olympus Tough series cameras if I was looking for something that would take abuse. I like Olympus color more.

If you're ok with a mediocre LCD screen and the camera taking microSD cards, than it's fine. Personally i'd go with one of the Olympus Tough series cameras if I was looking for something that would take abuse. I like Olympus color more.

Those look cool. unfortunately i don't see those at my local stores and i don't want to order one, because to be honest i am too close to deploying and don't want to miss the package.

I don't think that the LCD screen is a problem. I would point more the wide angle (not wide enought as the main problem. And then , some defaults in the design of the doors for battery and memory card. I prefer a basic screen which doesn't use too much battery than a one like on sony tx5 or 10 which doesn't suit at all a use of the camera in extreme conditions. Actually, I hope that Casio will do the same camera , an Exilim G2, a bit smaller, as thin (or even thinner), with a wider angle, stabilization, and a better protetion for the door of the memory card, which opens too easily.

Most reactions

Back