What's new

cat man

danir

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
0
Location
Jerusalem, Israel
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is this photo too bussy?

IMG_1907.jpg


Dani
 
Well, it is busy because that man is busy feeding all those cats (and the birds who come as uninvited guests). I recognise the house and door and bench!!! :D

So other than exposure being a problem in this bright light, IF it is busy then because it WAS a busy scene. How can you make a busy scene CALM?
 
I do not think this picture is too busy. It is telling a story. I find when I look at photos that are for photojournalism they have tons of action going on... but they also tell a story,,, which is really cool.
 
I also think that this photo works well in black and white maybe better than colour because with colour you'd have even more distractions.
 
IF it is busy then because it WAS a busy scene. How can you make a busy scene CALM?

It's not like you can go into the scene and rearrange or remove things. As far as framing goes, you haven't included anything that distracts from the subject. You've captured a scene in action, that tells a story, and leads the viewer's eye to wander through everything in the frame, but not in a distracting way. For me, my eyes first went to the man, and since he is engaged in some action, I was curious to see the action, and I looked at what he was doing, then down to the animals below him, then behind him, to the cats and birds waiting, and the bench. His positioning in the frame is ideal because he is facing out of the frame, and interacting in that corner, but there is a scene spread out behind him that adds interest as well. Also, it roughly follows the rule of thirds, and whatever your opinion is on that, or whether or not you did it on purpose, it happens to work really well in this image, if only because of the way the scene is laid out.
 
i recognize this bench/window/door theme from somewhere else... hmmm....
 
The scene is not too busy, but the B&W do not match with my taste.
To my opinion, it is really too bright and white. Look the cat in the white corner is too much on the light.
You should maybe change light by making selection on each part of the picture , I am sure it will make you picture more attactrive.

The wall is also too white. You should maybe try another B&W conversion, which one you have used ?

But the picture is nice.

Mat
 
Thanks everyone.

You're right Mat. The conversion didn't come out well, but I liked the scene itself.

Dani
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom