Catch & Release

Dean_Gretsch

Papa
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw both an adult and a juvenile bald eagle make " catch " attempts this morning. The adult was successful, the juvenile was not.
1 Juvenile
Juvenile Eagle Strike.jpg

2 Adult
Eagle Strike.jpg

After marveling at the good luck of seeing these ( and trying to forget the bad luck of not getting good photos of it ), Miss Daisy and I continued up the path into the main area of the park and witnessed the " release " portion of this thread.

Release .jpg

This gentleman was releasing pigeons one at a time from the carrying box. I really wanted to talk to him about it and get the story, but he seemed to be very involved in the event and seemed a bit somber from my vantage anyway. As a stranger, I chose not to intrude in his moment and decided to maintain my distance and take a few pics. He waved after I did to him, so he was aware I was taking photos anyway.

Nice shots, like how the adult makes the catch and seeing the pigeon man too.

And just after he released the pigeon an eagle swept down and had lunch.

Nice set. Hopefully I will get to see some catches this year.

Lucky you seeing this..........................:)
Yes, I was and am always grateful too!
Love the Superman Pose in the second pic!
I could tell it was going to dive when it kept circling and getting a tighter and tighter spiral.
Nice shots, like how the adult makes the catch and seeing the pigeon man too.
Yesterday, a juvenile caught one when I visited this area.
And just after he released the pigeon an eagle swept down and had lunch.

Nice set. Hopefully I will get to see some catches this year.
I did think about going over and letting him know there were 3 eagles at the other end of the park, but I had my dog with me and did not want to distract him and his task. I am sure you will be posting catches with much better photos soon.

Most reactions

Back