Catching Rays

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally had a sunny day and spotted the pup napping. I stood on a chair to get this shot and moved a few toys that were in frame. I am not sure it is balanced. He is on the bottom third cross section and the arch is on the top left. Maybe if he was facing a different direction?

I edited in ACR, but when opening the psd up in PS got an error..."the embedded ICC profile cannot be used because the ICC profile is invalid". Did some checking and ACR 7.3 (CS6 Bridge) the greyscale has a bug. So I saved the psd as a color version and converted in PS. I have PS CS5, but use the Bridge ACR CS6 because it recognizes my Raw files and CS5 does not.

The lightest point is around 252 and the darkest is 1. Should I try for 255 & 0? I didn't want to clip when processing. Thanks.

CatchingRaysBW by Cheryl3001, on Flickr

I like the exposure exactly as is; my only niggle is that I wish his butt hadn't been in that broad shadow area (really, would it have been that hard to move the window????) but other than that, this is a great shot!

Don't get too bogged down with the gobbledegook, this is a really nice and very visually interesting picture. If you can get me to provide such a compliment for a pet photo, you know you've won me over. :D

I like the exposure exactly as is; my only niggle is that I wish his butt hadn't been in that broad shadow area (really, would it have been that hard to move the window????) but other than that, this is a great shot!

Move the window? No problem :lol: It is interesting that the sun pattern moves with the seasons and of course the time of day. Thinking about the pups position, I think if he was curled into a ball facing the other way would have been better. I didn't want to wake him.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back