What's new

cathedral

erick

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 2, 2005
Messages
170
Reaction score
2
Location
France | Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
cathedrale_8228.jpg

cathedral in Strasbourg / France
​
2005/10/30 15:41
Canon EOS 20D
Canon EF 17-40 L f4
Focal 17mm
f16
1/10s
ISO 100
tripod
MLU
RAW
 
WOW, very nice. Is it my monitor, or does it run out of DOF about the spire? The perspective is super and the detail is very nice. You do have a talent, thanks for sharing.
 
thank you jstuedle I have closed at f16 to keep the maximum DOF without loosing sharpness ... with f22 the DOF is of course better but if the air is not very transparent sharpness can be lost (and it is in a town)

the spire is in the fog ... sometimes i could even not see it
 
erick said:
I don't understand run out of DOF about the spire ... sorry ... my english sometimes fails

I think he refers to the very top of the building where the image seems to become a little less sharp. It indeed looks a little bit strange like there was a layer of fog/thin clouds in front of it.

Overall a very great picture.
 
yes I have edited my post .. and looked spire in the dictionnary :-)

at 100% and 8 million pixel the photo has no part out of DOF
 
Impressive photography, with a very spectacular atmosphere. I like the composition, and the color of the scene. Greetings from the other side of the Pyrenees.

Impresionante fotografía, con un ambiente muy espectacular. Me gusta la composición, y el color de la escena. Saludos desde el otro lado de los pirineos.
 
Sorry, I see the fog now. Great pic, thanks for your reply. And your english seems fine to me.
 
Beautiful work yet again.....I really want to go back to France now! :)
 
ozzono said:
Impresionante fotografía, con un ambiente muy espectacular. Me gusta la composición, y el color de la escena. Saludos desde el otro lado de los pirineos.

que tal ozzono ? de donde estas ? mi pueblo estaba a 30 kilometros de Jaca/Aragon
 
JonK said:
Beautiful work yet again.....I really want to go back to France now! :)

Jonk in Canada I think i'll turn crazy with your great landscapes .
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom