What's new

Cattails

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
2,368
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit



20121118_1698-X2.jpg

​
 
I like the quality of the image well; but not the subject...what is this? :scratch:
 
Shhh, Frequency, don't listen to the Cow that's Molesting us with its slobbery kisses (;) ) - it's a plant that grows in swampy areas. It produces a soft, brown "flower" which eventually opens up so the seeds can come out (see photo). That's what you're looking at: a ripe cattail (we call it with a different image in my language, but in my language it's also got a name that kind of describes its shape).
 
Funny - as I worked on this I was thinking it was too bad it was such a beat up example, but figured what the heck ...

Thanks folks.

:)
 
I was also gonna say,"A hotdog wrapped in cotton candy" and thought that just sounds so American.

Wow! That will be a hit at the county fair next year! We could use pink cotton candy and call it a Porn Dog.
 
Thank you Corinna Ma'm again very much ...and also to M.Cow
 
Here's what they look like before they go to seed.

Cattails%20in%20Morning%20Light-M.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom