Caught!

Nice. Did you help the bee out of the web? :) Poor thing - we need our bees.

Nah, I let nature take its course. At the marsh there was probably 3-5 bee's for every square feet. Been a long time I walked somewhere where there was a constant buzz of bees.

Wow...thanks!

No problem buddy. There's all kinds of structural stuff going on with that shot. Leading lines from the web takes you to nice sharp colourful eyes, the curve of the body almost bringing the eye out the frame when you are snapped back to the in focus legs reminicant of rotor blades then round in a circle to the wings and back to the web again. the pose looks like its banking in mid air which adds to the suspense (yep) and general helicopter likeness and the tiny other fly in the web which almost looks like the dragonfly was chasing it. Unusual to have so many compositional elements in a macro shot that just work so well together.

Great shots Brent

Very nice shots - outstanding. I like the first over the second but both are great. Hanging by a thread seems very appropriate - I've worked around bees allot and plan to macro some pretty soon while they are in the hive.

Nice shot of dragonfly Brent which has been snapped so preciously and you did it so well. Keep the work Up!!

Wow...thanks!

No problem buddy. There's all kinds of structural stuff going on with that shot. Leading lines from the web takes you to nice sharp colourful eyes, the curve of the body almost bringing the eye out the frame when you are snapped back to the in focus legs reminicant of rotor blades then round in a circle to the wings and back to the web again. the pose looks like its banking in mid air which adds to the suspense (yep) and general helicopter likeness and the tiny other fly in the web which almost looks like the dragonfly was chasing it. Unusual to have so many compositional elements in a macro shot that just work so well together.

Thanks weepete, this helps a lot. I am still at the point where I know when something looks good to my eye but not the technical reasons why until someone explains it to me. Good composition is something I really need to work at, I'm lacking this in a lot of my photography, and posts like this help me learn.

Most reactions

Back