CC (Concert Photos)

Goremonger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been taking photos for a while, never to seriously but I'm trying to move into taking shots a bit more on the serious side.

A lot of what I'm getting is really dark, I've not taken any of these photos into lightroom, and they have not been cropped in anyway, this is how they came off of the camera. Its hard to do much to these in lightroom because of the noise so any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

ISO3200 / 32mm / f3.2 / 1/125sec

sqgl82.jpg

ISO3200 / 33mm / f3.5 / 1/125sec

i6jq1j.jpg

If I take the ISO down to 1600 they are to dark, If I move the shutter speed down below 1/125sec then the band members are blurry (the bands i shoot move around... a lot.)

I'm shooting with a Canon 50D and a Sigma 17-70mm 2.8, I will say that the stage lighting at this venue was almost completely red lights, which may have been a good part of my problem. They had one blue light pointing stage left, but it wasn't really on any of the band members.

CC? advice? cookies?

Shooting concerts that dark is pretty hard, so good job. I think the photo's are good. This isn't a comment or critique, but in the first photo where the shadow from her vest lands on her white shirt and mixes with the red looks like a giant color fringe. I know it's not, but it just looks like it.

Yeah I could probably take some of the red out of the shadow in post, but I wanted to post the photos in their fresh off the camera state, I want some CC on my photo ability not my lightroom ability. Thanks for the kind words.

CV

Most reactions

Back