CC for first Newborn shoot please!

You've been a member long enough too know you'll get more comments when you actually post pictures here, right?

I like the use of light and the high key look. Some of the photos the baby looks like a plastic doll or not alive- sorry! The rest of the family looks real and like they are holding a dolly. Some are a bit too bright. Some have attention stealing folds in the backgrounds. I like the set though, it's just little things here or there that detract from it.

He is sooooo sweet. I really like what you have captured.

I always wonder when I see a post from a retail photography business, in the Beginners forum.

*moving to the Professional photography subsection*
Note that the Portraits gallery would also be a valid subsection if you'd prefer.

Not bad for a first time out, but you seem to have some issues with lots of yellow in your images, particularly the last few. Not a huge fan of the soft focus effect you've used here too, I think often for people newborn = soft focus or blur or whatever you want to call it. Don't love. Dreamy != soft focus. You've got a few particularly good images and it seems like you've got the right idea. Going forward, if you continue to shoot newborns, invest in some good props, blankets, and work on getting that skin tone not too red, not too yellow.

I saw a bit of yellow too, but I think it is neonatal jaundice in a newborn.

Most reactions

Back