412 Burgh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.zacharydiberadin.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

San Nicolas Aruba by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr

First time I officially edited a raw straight from my camera, with Lightroom and then exported. Let me know how it looks.. I think the colors pop, but are they over saturated?

EDIT: I know it's not anything amazing, I was just trying to get a feel for how my editing worked, before I grew to like it or do it to all my pictures. I just wanted to make them look real, with a little tad bit more color. I believe I'm pretty accurate. or close.

Last edited:
Although the subject matter doesn't do anything for me, I do like the colors. They appear a little over saturated - but not too bad. I am not a professional, nor do I pretend to be one, so take what I say and do what you want with that. :)

Depends totally on the type of image. For a shot like this the colors are OK, but for others, for example a portrait, they would be way over the top. I don't think you should edit everything the same way.

Depends totally on the type of image. For a shot like this the colors are OK, but for others, for example a portrait, they would be way over the top. I don't think you should edit everything the same way.

thanks everyone for their input! I was just wondering I have like 900 raws from my trip to Aruba, and I was getting the feel for Lightroom! I'll have to post some more later this week1

too saturated. Pick and choose what color you want saturated. Saturating the whole image is usually a bad idea.

A tad oversturated, did you sharpen it, looks alittle soft.

I don't believe I used sharpen. I know I bumped up the blue saturation, messed with the darks/blacks. Probably why the trees look over saturated. My goal was to get a nice sky. I know I did use the 'clarity' tool.

Go to HSL sliders, select blue and aqua saturation and make those higher. There rest should stay close to 0.

I don't believe I used sharpen. I know I bumped up the blue saturation, messed with the darks/blacks. Probably why the trees look over saturated. My goal was to get a nice sky. I know I did use the 'clarity' tool.
Most RAW edits require sharpening, since editing is no longer camera initiated when shooting RAW.

the editing is ok, i like the sky, but the trees are over saturated to me.

You might wanna try a polarizer so your sky/clouds is not blown

Okay, got ya! thanks for the tip. First time using lightroom seriously. is it just the little slider on the right hand side, or am I missing the bigger picture?

Most reactions

Back