CC - Sexy Photoshoot - NN but might be NSFW

I think your model is attractive and it is great you were able to find someone like her to practice your craft on.

#3 is my least favorite, the distortion makes her head look giant and her body small. In #1 I am not sure if your white balance is off or it could be the look you were going for but it distracted me.

#7 is my favorite pose and composition. I think when your model becomes more comfortable so it comes across in her poses and when you nail the focus in your shots you will have some really good shots for us to look at in the near future.

Thanks for sharing your shots by the way!

Keith, you're always such a supportive guy with just the right words! Cheers brother!! You said, pretty well exactly what I was thinking...Thanks for that!!

- Dan

1. Not sexy plus something is on her left cheek.

2. Sexy but something is wrong (IMO) with the skin tone.

3. Great picture with the exception of her facial expression.

4&5. Nice job! The red pillow and lipstick are cool on the b&W one. If you get bored post or pm me how you did that.

6&7 same as #3, the facial expression is not sexy IMO.

On another note people should take it easy in these threads about the models. Most if not all of us can't afford professional models that are a perfect 10 in everyone's eyes. I personally don't care what the models look like as long as the photographer captured good pictures that match the theme (sexy, angry, cute........). If people keep complaining about the models then people will stop posting them for CC and then I will miss out on viewing the nice pictures.

Contrary to some opinions, I think the model has some attractive qualities.

1. I think her hands need to be positioned differently. They don't look relaxed. Better placement might make them look less skeletal.

2. Again the hand. Finger tips supporting the chin just doesn't look natural.

3. I don't care for this pose. She looks completely out of proportion. (ie. Giant head) She looks as if she was crawling towards me and if the case I would have spread her legs out slightly.

6. Also unnatural. I might have considered crossing her forearms in front of her chest and arching her back more to reveal some chest.

7. I like

Thanks for sharing. Just my opinions.

Thank you all.

She isnt a pro model, Im not a pro photographer. all that considered I took a lot away from composition and expressions and hand placement. She seems like shed be down to do another one. Ill try to make all the corrections.

as far as her being attractive, I guess to each their own. No one's hurting my feelings. :)

Cheers and thanks again

Well, my 2 cents would be that the two main problems here are lighting and focusing, as others have mentioned. I would suggest picking up an off-camera flash and perhaps a 50mm prime 1.8 lens for your D5000. The lens you can get for under 150$, and you can get an off camera older Nikon flash on ebay for under 100$. You would be shocked at the difference bouncing a flash can make...

Oh yeah, I think the model is very sexy and I her poses in 6 and 7 are hot... I think the fact that the focus was missed just killed them...

For me numbers 1 and two are the worst. The lighting on her arm on number 1 is weird and draws my eye to the left. Number two the same, weird lighting under the chin.

As for the others, I think you did a good job. Im a beginner, hence me posting in the beginners forum, but I would be happy with them.

Edit, I just went back and looked at the selective coloring and her eyes almost look jaundiced (sp?). Get rid of that.

7 is an awesome shot and I hate the Phillies

Well, my 2 cents would be that the two main problems here are lighting and focusing, as others have mentioned. I would suggest picking up an off-camera flash and perhaps a 50mm prime 1.8 lens for your D5000. The lens you can get for under 150$, and you can get an off camera older Nikon flash on ebay for under 100$. You would be shocked at the difference bouncing a flash can make...

Oh yeah, I think the model is very sexy and I her poses in 6 and 7 are hot... I think the fact that the focus was missed just killed them...

I think a 35 1.8 would be better in a situation like this because he said he was two feet away from her and a 50 might be a bit too long on a DX camera for a full body shot. Good portrait if you don't mind cropping off some body in a cramped space where you can't back up anymore. 7 is my favorite but definitely put the camera on single point focus and choose the point closest to her eyes and the pictures will improve a lot just by doing that. GL
TJ

TJ K is right about the 50mm in tight situations on my crop body camera. I love my 50 but I have to be able to get at least 10-15 ft away from my subject to get a full length body shot.

Statements like "the model doesn't have it or such" is not appropriate to me either.
You do not need to be a beauty queen to look sexy. You could have super sexy shots with this model if you have better environment/conditions.
I did not like the ligthing in any of the pictures. And none of the pictures look sharp...
I would take the pic#1 out of this set if it were me.
She looks definitely different(lively) on the #2. (I guess this would be my favorite)
My 2nd best goes for the #4. (definitely better than #5)
#6 and #7 won't do it for me either...(Just my opinion).
In my book sexiness is not showing more skin. Other details more important to me. One thing that immediately caught my attention was her finger nails. They do not look feminine. You can't claim you tried to picture her naturally because she is wearing makeup.

Most of what I would say, has been said, so I'll add one more thing. Her face looks dead. When shooting models you should try to get a sense of connection between the model and the camera. IMO, none of these are sexy because I don't feel any of that connection. Make sure your models are aware of their facial expressions and that their eyes are, as I put it when I'm shooting models, "trying to see my eye back through the lens".

I believe the issue is with the series. The girl is definitely attractive but the poses and pictures aren't. We are all on a road to improvement. Big E for effort. Good luck on your next shoot.

Nice work, congrats on taking the plunge and getting into model photography. I'm sure you'll find it just as rewarding and challenging as I do. My whole outlook on my photography changed once I started getting into shooting models.

As noted, the focus seems a little soft at times. Watch your shutter speeds closely to make sure you're not getting motion blur. Also, if you're shooting at wide apertures, be very careful about which focus point you use. If you're using your center point, locking focus, then recomposing, with a wide aperture you're likely to cause a focus shift when you recompose. Select an active focus point closer to the models eyes (or the focus point you're going after) and minimize your camera movement after locking focus.

The model is beautiful by the way.

1. It's simple and casual, but nothing really exciting. The pose leaves a little to be desired. You also are a little close to the wall as I get the feeling she's right up against it based on the subtle shadows to the left.

2. Great smile, but again a bit simple and not real exciting. I don't like the blown highlight to the right as it doesn't transition well from the texture to the left to the solid white to the right. On all of these shots you could have benefited from a white reflector quite a bit. It would have helped to make her skin tones pop a little more and give some depth to the images. You can make one yourself on the cheap, just use some white foam board available at any crafts store (like Michael's or Hobby Lobby).

3. This one is more interesting then the first two. I'm a sucker for odd angles and different perspectives. It's still missing something, and the composition isn't quite on target (like her chopped off left hand), but I like the concept. The shadows in the background aren't flattering IMHO. Again, she's a beautiful girl, so you have lots to work with here!

4. Kind of bland, not a very interesting shot I'm sorry to say. Also, the white balance seems a bit off. I think a reflector and getting some light on her would have helped with the exposure and giving some depth to the image.

5. I'm not a fan of selective coloring. It looks like you were trying to find something to use the technique as it doesn't really fit.

6. The shot has potential, but it's a bit off. The foot shadow should be removed and it appears she's really mashing her breasts. I would try a slightly different approach, but it shows you're thinking about composition.

7. This is probably my favorite from the set. The focus is soft and the white balance is off, but I like the composition the best.

Keep up the practice! Also, I would look into getting some studio lights if you're planning on going further down the model shooting road. You can use external flashes or you can get a couple of Alien Bee 400's. There are some other similarly priced lighting kits that have been discussed on the board. You should be able to find the threads via a search.

At a minimum, I would get a reflector and start trying to shape light to help bring your images to life.

Make sure your models are aware of their facial expressions and that their eyes are, as I put it when I'm shooting models, "trying to see my eye back through the lens".
I've started using a full length mirror in my studio shoots so the model can see her look. Inexperienced models often struggle with facial expressions and posing because they're distracted or trying too hard. Women live in mirrors, so give them one. :) It's helped me at times, but it's not a solution for all situations.

I'd say some really dramatic lighting would make these awesome! But congrats on getting a great model! She seemed super comfortable and had a lot of fun!

I gotta see some of the females some of you fellas are pullin' to call that chick "unattractive". . .are you sh*tting me? Nevermind that the subjective quality of "beauty" isn't even the point here. It's the photo stupid.

And as such, yea the photos aren't that hot (I am especially not feeling the selective colored shot). The good thing is, she was willing to rock and roll, so at least you have that out of the way, and she is a thin good looking gal so you shouldn't have to struggle TOO much to put her in flattering positions. I say, ditch this joint and hop over to Photography-on-the.net and browse their Glamour & Nude section for idea and inspirations on what you can achieve with a willing model and a little creativity.

Most reactions

Back