CD Cover possibility

ces

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK; I need your replies, I have to produce a simple CD cover shot for a single release for a musician, the song is "Butterly" ...this is what I have so far...one of many shots to choose from, thanks for you eyes!:hail:

DavidCastleBand2.jpg

OK; I need your replies, I have to produce a simple CD cover shot for a single release for a musician, the song is "Butterfly" ...this is what I have so far...one of many shots to choose from, thanks for you eyes!:hail:

DavidCastleBand2.jpg

I think you're on to something! How about put the butterfly up higher; I don't think I like it over the hands.

i think the butterfly is out of place
if you put it up in the left corner but kinna like a indent sorta deal so it kinna just blends in it would fit in nicely

Threads merged - no need to start the same thread twice, it only clutters the forums, ok?

Higher? Where?? I cant take away from the talent, it has to be vague, it cant be dominant nor secluded...the hands are where it is written...explain please...thanks for your input:sexywink:

I think the butterfly would have been a much greater idea if it was b/w and smaller. That way you could have made some more butterflies, and made it look like a part of the picture. The way it is now, makes it look like it's misplaced, and at first glance it looks like he has some kind of extremely customized guitar.

One more thing.. It should be more squared if you are to use it on an album cover.

Fo

Squaring the photo is not a problem, it also has to be a bit smaller for the CD, the butterfly is the problem, by demand, it can't be dominant, so I cant make it part of the pic like a background, but it has to be a statement, I have tried placing the butterfly different areas, but I cant find a perfect place for it...the shot of the artist had already been selected, so I can use a different pic now, any more suggestions?? This has to be turned in Monday...thanks in advance...Im sweating here..:blushing:

I think you should consider re-shooting this and lighting it differently. Get the flash off camera if you must use flash. Try natural light. Go outside on an overcast day. Have the subject engage the camera. He looks depressed.

I can't re-shoot, the shot has already been selected. the butterfly, if transparent, does not make a statement, its a pickle, the song is a tearjerker, for crying out loud, lol; so I don't have much left, it has to be this shot and the butterfly has to be somewhere in this shot, for something simple, it has become very difficult...thanks all:blushing:

I think you should consider re-shooting this and lighting it differently. Get the flash off camera if you must use flash. Try natural light. Go outside on an overcast day. Have the subject engage the camera. He looks depressed.

I agree with that. The shadows and the highlights make it look amateur. The expression is sad but not natural. I like the colors you choose, but I also find that the photo is too sharp for matching the frame and color effects...

If you can't re shot, then try something really simple as a white background, a guitar and the butterfly over it, a nice font for the title and author. Zen it up! hehe

Good luck!

Most reactions

Back