Cell Phone Texting

I have txting turned off on my phone. I also made them take my phone back and give me one without a camera. 'Nough said.

kids shouldn't have cellphones.. at their age, their should be constant personal communication with them and the only thing that could calm ourselves with our children is their being honest with what they do..

What people don't understand is that by getting their child a cell phone you welcome the 1 positive with all negatives. No child should a cell phone. The purpose of a house phone was to know who was communicating with your child. You set limitations as to what time they can accept calls. People don't understand it is a dangerous instrument. Pay phones still exist. Land lines are very important. I remember on 9-11 people used the pay phones. We use to have those emergency red caller boxes one button for fire dept. and police dept around NYC. It's a really scary world now. Pedophiles live for parents who let there children roam free. Pedophiles are looking for kids to snatch... Being on the internet and a cell phone is like walking down a dark alley .... would you let your kids walk down that alley in real life...Nope.

What people don't understand is that by getting their child a cell phone you welcome the 1 positive with all negatives. No child should a cell phone. The purpose of a house phone was to know who was communicating with your child. You set limitations as to what time they can accept calls. People don't understand it is a dangerous instrument. Pay phones still exist. Land lines are very important. I remember on 9-11 people used the pay phones. We use to have those emergency red caller boxes one button for fire dept. and police dept around NYC. It's a really scary world now. Pedophiles live for parents who let there children roam free. Pedophiles are looking for kids to snatch... Being on the internet and a cell phone is like walking down a dark alley .... would you let your kids walk down that alley in real life...Nope.

Man that's a very "run to the caves" opinion. Once a technology exists you can't exactly hide from it or try to kill it. Just ask Metallica.

Texting can be very convenient if you just need a single question answered like "you busy?" or "bring some milk" It's basically for non-conversational things. For any real conversation you dial the phone.

I've been introduced to the texting world (I'm 20 now), and to be honest, I'd rather much talk in person ... talking on the phone sucks, but texting is even worse. I used to text a lot more when I was in high school - but now it's kind of died off. But I never texted when I was in class/at someone's house visiting... it just wasn't me. My brother then would get mad "why don't you ever reply your texts????" well that's cause I'm paying more attention to my friends/whatever I'm doing rather than my phone!

I have had friends that text ALL the time. We'd be out having supper with a couple of friends, and she'd text the whole time we were there. I don't know what was so important, but she was texting every minute! I hate when people text at cash registers, when you're talking to them and they flip out their phone to read/reply a text... arg, it's just so rude. I find myself judging people on the fact... if you can't just leave your phone in your pocket for the time you're with someone then seriously... :grumpy:. I can understand the ocasional reply a text message, cause I do it too. But keep it simple don't go into some serious deep love story with your text messages! lol

Man that's a very "run to the caves" opinion. Once a technology exists you can't exactly hide from it or try to kill it. Just ask Metallica.

It is when it pertains to children... If an adult wants to get snatched by being slack with their behavior ... then they're on their own.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back