What's new

Cemetary

kathyt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
3,759
Reaction score
1,888
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think?
$_MGL3818.webp
 
I think you're right, it is indeed a cementary.

;)

I'm kinda wondering why you let the center headstone stay outside the zone of sharpness? You're pretty careful with your focus placement, so I have to assume this was deliberate. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
 
I think you're right, it is indeed a cementary.

;)

I'm kinda wondering why you let the center headstone stay outside the zone of sharpness? You're pretty careful with your focus placement, so I have to assume this was deliberate. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

My focus was deliberate. Lets see if anyone else sees why I chose that focal point.
 
I think I see it... But I think it's so small as to be easy to miss.

I've said it a million times... Cemeteries are tough.

I see what I think you were trying for though... Nice idea.
 
Do you have the light coming through the opening in the trees and landing on the center of the cross on the ground?
 
It might be on the out of place stone at the end of the frame, left. That stone might say "FAMILY"? It's behind the FATHER stone, at any rate. If the Vet star is also behind the FATHER stone, that's not clear. It certainly looks like it is, but only upon quite close inspection.

These sorts of effects I find are too subtle to work well, unless you REALLY hammer them home. Simply placing the plane of focus is not enough to draw the eye away from a dominant visual element, you have to hit the shallow DoF pretty hard, and probably also do some burning and dodging to drag the eye off the Main Big Thing if there is a Main Big Thing which is Not The Point.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom