Central Texas Ballooning Over Lake Travis...

lextalionis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.motleypixel.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey gang,

Mike (Phodan), and I went to the Central Texas Ballooning Association Annual Lake Travis "Fly-Over". Boy, what an event! I'm glad Mike came, he was always keeping me focused on key shots.

Canon 30D and Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM and Canon EF 70-200 f/4L USM

#1 I think we got there a little too early :grin:
ballons_01.jpg

ballons_02.jpg

ballons_03.jpg

ballons_04.jpg

ballons_05.jpg

ballons_06.jpg

ballons_07.jpg

-Roy

vrey cool event. i've always wanted to go to one of those. i like the first two the best. the colour in the sunrise is beautiful, as is the tree. i like the third one too. i keep wanting to look at the bottoms of the balloons, but they're not there. i think it would still be a great shot if you cropped it in a lot. either a square crop that shows only the three left balloons and little sky, or a panorama shot that cuts off the tops of the two main balloons just above the top of the rightmost balloon. that would balance it.

Roy, these are lovely shots. That sunrise photo is worth whatever crazy-early time you had to get up, I'm sure. Good eye re that second shot, with the shadow. Nice colours in the rest, and I like how you got some shots with the blast of flames. (And like the previous posters, I too would love to attend one of these big events someday)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back