CF to SD converter for my D400?

Deforrest

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cedarvalleyteddybears.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been using my D400 for about a year now. When I started out I would remove the CF card and drop it into my computer and remove the pictures. After 60 days or so I started bending pins in the CF reader in my computer. I got the pins strightened out and got the pictures off the card and promptly chucked it in the garbage because I dident want a bad card to bork my sexy new camera ( a good reason to upgrade too ). I was over at a friends house using his computer to offload pictures ( exact same computer too ) and the pins bent on his too. Mind you I am not rough on my stuff. I like it FAR to much and had to do a TON of convincing toget the camera in the first place. I started using the USB port to download the pictures. This has worked OK so far but I think the USB port on the camera is starting to get tempermental. Can I use a CF to SD in this camera? I dont think there is any way to damage SD memory short of intentionaly doing so and I have alot of high quality SD sitting around that I use in my camcorder.

This is a fairly common problem with CF reader that card only insert in about 25% of the card length, the CF slot pocket is to shallow and don’t keep the cart straight inline, look for a reader that the card go in at less 75% of the way or fully

after hearing a few horror stories I have give up on the idea of using a CF reader... I was woundering if any one had an opinion or experence using a converter in a camera like mine

after hearing a few horror stories I have give up on the idea of using a CF reader... I was woundering if any one had an opinion or experence using a converter in a camera like mine

SD cards are so much smaller then CF - I can't imagine any kind of convenient interface that can do what you ask. I am not sure you can even attach a wire to SD card leading to some kind of external interface for you to plug in your CF.

I'm guessing SD in CF is easy enough :)

SD cards are so much smaller then CF - I can't imagine any kind of convenient interface that can do what you ask. I am not sure you can even attach a wire to SD card leading to some kind of external interface for you to plug in your CF.

I'm guessing SD in CF is easy enough :)

Im pretty sure you can find adapters on ebay.

Did you ever see anyone step on an SD card that had been dropped on a concrete floor?

Why on earth would you want to trust your photos to something that is that easy to crush. I'm not saying that CF cards are indestructible but they are lots tougher than an SD card.

Also, if you wear out the usb port on your camera, it's off to the manufacturer for a rebuild.

I dont understand why a card would have to be tough...

I've a lexar cf reader never had a problem, but my Wolverine portable I have bent the pins

Try a new USB cable. It is my experience that it is not the sockets that go bad.

I've had my camera and card reader for nearly 2 years now. Never bent a pin. Maybe don't do it under the influence :p

Most reactions

Back