hello everyone
chamois - national park of Great Paradise
Valle d'Aosta-Italy

camoscio104pbase.jpg

camoscio103pbase.jpg

camoscio116pbase.jpg

camoscio121pbase.jpg

camoscio114pbase.jpg

Very nice photos! First two are my favourite!

Very good. By the way, I think that it is better known as the Gran Paradiso in English-speaking countries - it isn't translated. When I lived in Europe I used to visit it often for climbing and ski-mountaineering.

Nice shots Carlos. My favorite is #4.

Jerry

thanks everyone for last comments
Very good. By the way, I think that it is better known as the Gran Paradiso in English-speaking countries - it isn't translated. When I lived in Europe I used to visit it often for climbing and ski-mountaineering.
I don't know this
Gran Paradiso is better ? OK

That's how I know the area and the peak (mountain) itself, and how my English-speaking friends know it. It's the same for the Tre Cime di Lavaredo (which I have also climbed) in your other picture - we use the Italian name. Generally we use the local name or names, not an English translation (no matter how big a mess we make of the pronunciation!). By the way, although I have left now because I never get to the Alps any more, I was in the Sezione CAI di Aosta for about 20 years because I climbed mostly in NW Italy, winter and summer.

thanks Frequency
thank you very much Helen B for explanation
I've always loved the mountains but I went up only on several 4000 by the normal route

Most reactions

Back