Champions League

I must revive this thread because LIVERPOOL IS THROUGH TO THE FINAL!!!!!! Unfreakingbelievable! Some of their games sure weren't very pretty but they found a way to win or draw everytime. If they can win the final while not even qualifying for Champions League next year that would be something.

I am still in the clouds....

Im an Everton supporter, so if we get forth place in the league and Liverpool win the Champions league, it will be interesting to see who gets that place in next years champion league. Hopefully us

Fave player: Big Duncan Ferguson

It should be Pool who get it. They won it, they should defend it. I'm not a fan of lots of teams who don't win their league getting into the Champions League either. Doesn't make sense to me. But then, if only the champions played in it Man Utd fans wouldn't be able to bang on about the treble they won...

Erm, jumping to conclusions? Well done to the pool but they haven't won anything yet. And no offence, if they draw Milan in the final I find it unlikely they will win.
Sorry, but I can't see it happening. They were superb against Chelsea, but Milan are giants. They have 10x the experience of Chelsea. They will want to win it, and I think they will.
Don't jump to conclusions. Winning a semi isn't winning the final. Expect the final to be a lot lot more difficult. And as us Man Utd fans will tell, playing defensive against Milan will NOT work. They are far too attacking.
come on, Shevchenko is one of the best in the world. Drogba is more like one of the worst. Drogba is awful. He will not be at Stamford Bridge next season I assure you.
Oh, and Kenyon can keep his greedy fat eyes off Cristiano Ronaldo who has expressed that he will not be leaving Man Utd.
I found Mourinhos reaction a sham. "The best team lost".
No, your wrong! The best team won. You idiot! Saying things like that is provocative and causes disrepute. It's just the thing we need less of.
Maybe a little more "well done Liverpool" was on the cards, but instead he moaned and whined until ITV cut him off. Which was hilarious.

Jose - "..I thought the best team were us, we did not deserve to..."
Gabby Logan - "So, er, Michael, what did you think of the goal?"

(Not exact phrases)

No-one has jumped to any conclusions. We're all working from the word "if".

I thought Mourinho was great in the post-match interview. With a straight face he said "they scored, we didn't". And he refused to attack 'pool. Sure he said they spent the enitre match defending and that only his team played football, but that's true. I was shocked at how well he conducted himself and I actually respect him now. :crazy:
I was shocked to see Teletext and Ceefax showing the headline "Mourinho attacks Liverpool".

ITV only cut him off so they could show more adverts. They're getting stupid. Especially after what they did in the last F1 race.

Yeah, the advertising is getting to me. How many breaks in the 15 min after the game? 4?
Of course ITV didn't cut him off because of what he was syaing. I just found it quite funny. And I just think he was moaning an awful lot.
Defending is playing football. That was the idea of the game. If Chelsea can't cope with that, that was their problem.
Carragher was astonishing.

You've got to admit though, he's changed a lot since his "they parked a bus in front of their goal" comment he made against Spurs at the start of the season.
I do hate it when teams defend for most of the match. It's not fair on the supporters and it isn't how you win trophies. Still, it's got them to the final.

Carragher was great. Nunaz livened up the last five minutes as well. He's first touch is... erm... a bit poo. :mrgreen:

damn...AC was really suck in this match against PSV
anyway, they still go to the final...

u guys guess which team will win the champion , AC or Liverpool ??
me -->AC for sure

surfingfireman said:
I must revive this thread because LIVERPOOL IS THROUGH TO THE FINAL!!!!!! Unfreakingbelievable! Some of their games sure weren't very pretty but they found a way to win or draw everytime. If they can win the final while not even qualifying for Champions League next year that would be something.

I am still in the clouds....
their defense just so far so good, and don't have many strikers to support Bros...
if AC plays well, liverpool won't have chance to win...

ferny said:
You've got to admit though, he's changed a lot since his "they parked a bus in front of their goal" comment he made against Spurs at the start of the season.
I do hate it when teams defend for most of the match. It's not fair on the supporters and it isn't how you win trophies. Still, it's got them to the final.

That happened in hockey a few years ago when the Devils won the Stanley Cup with a neutral zone trap. Most boring, tedious hockey to watch, but nobody ever scored on them. Sucked.

theyve just paid 8 million for a new keeper, so Raf must think he sucks donkey too!

Dudek was good at first. :meh:

UEFA have said that they can't change the rules this late in the season. So as things stand, if 'pool win but finish 5th in the Prem. they won't get in unless the FA let them.
*wonders how that looks to anyone who doesn't follow football*
UEFA originally said they wouldn't change the rules, then they said that they might and now they've said this.

I'm not sure who will win. I said AC or Chelsea earlier so I guess I'll go with AC again. But when Liverpool want to shut up they can do a very good job of it. Look at the Juve games. Juve were playing well in their league at the time as well.

The Champions League is more like chess than football.

This week's biggest game will be Crystal Palace versus Southampton.

<tongue firmly in cheek there - I'm a Palace fan - but it is a huge game>

The FA have said the 4th placed team will get the spot. They've also said that if Liverpool finish 5th and do win the Champions League they'll try and get a fifth spot for an English team.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back