changing bag

nealjpage

multi format master in a film geek package
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Who here has used a changing bag before? I just can't seem to get on the ball to build my darkroom but would like to at least process my film. Is it easy to use these things? Pros/cons? Thanks in advance:)

if the bag is big enough it should be o.k. to get film into a dev. tank.
I got one but thats just to small for that,, I have done it but it was not easy,, .. cant you create a small dark room , a closset perhaps ? that you can use until you got a propper dark room set up ? if you wait until its dark outside and there are no lights on , lots of clossets work just fine ! or perhaps a bath room ?

My dark room is a changing bag streched over a cardboard box. The box is wrapped with black trash bags and the bag just covers the front so that I can get film and a tank in through the arm holes. You could do something with the back of the box if that isnt to you liking but it works fine for me.

i change all my film under my doona! it's okay even broad daylight and i've never had a problem with fogging even 3200 film.

Changing bags are not that bad to use. They also have changing tents now (bags with wire that holds them up like camping tents). I use a Jobo processor and do 8 rolls at a time so the tube is pretty long. But have no problem at all with everything in the bag. I have a large bag and a small bag.

stingray said:
i change all my film under my doona! it's okay even broad daylight and i've never had a problem with fogging even 3200 film.

what's a doona?:er:

Prefer to use a changing bag than a light tight room. The total darkness weirds me out.:)

My balance is gone.. I can't work in the dark anymore.

I prefer a changing bag even to cut paper for paper negatives. That's why mine is draped over the front of a large cardboard box. The box is wrapped in black plastic. Plenty of room to work plus i have a smaller box attached to the rear to store paper and film. It's a good system for me.

The tent would be better if you had to break it down for storage though.

Most houses or apartments have a closet or room which can easily be made totally dark at night. In my house, that's the stairwell leading to the attic. That's all you need to load a film tank. If you're not sure that it's totally dark, use a couple of black garbage bags, one inside another.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back