changing (many different things)

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Ok, this post is sorta schizo. First off it's a chronology of changing light and clouds. Then it's a changing of aperture and lenses, and finally it's about changing perspectives.

This first shot was taken with the new (25 year-old) Pentax Takumar 135mm f/2.5 lens I picked up off ebay and hadn't shot with yet.

changing01.jpg

This shot is really a Frankenstein shot. It was taken with my Contax 85mm f/1.4 lens held in the lens mount of the *istD by hand, because while the lugs will go in the mount they're just a tad too thick to allow the lens to twist and lock into place. Seemed to work though.

changing02.jpg

This one was shot with my Tamron 28-85mm f/2.8 @ 28mm.

changing03.jpg

Shot #4 was shot with my Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8 and a doubler, mostly to see what the lens reported as a focal length in the exif data. It reported 70mm, which was the lens setting, so at least I get that much.

changing04.jpg

And finally, a shot with the Pentax 18-35mm @ 35mm.

changing05.jpg

Total elapsed time first shot to last was 18 minutes. Funny how things change over time. :)

i like shots 3 and 4. the sun is too strong in the first, and too dark in the last. the trees in the foreground of 3 an 4 add to the beauty of the clouds.

Just one question, Jim, that Pentax camera you mention, the one you got through Ebay, works with film, all right?
What film did you use? You get a very distinct greenish tint in that first picture.

Or hang on:
You're speaking about LENSES only, while you use a digital SLR body?

Still makes me wonder why the first photo has got this greenish tint?

Do I have to tell you that the sky you were presented - when? yesterday? - was absolutely beeee-yoo-tee-full!

Thanks Flash. :)

LaFoto- yes digital slr. The greenish cast is from the lens. It isn't a multi-coated lens, so the color saturation is different from the others. I still need to shoot it in good light to see how it does in different situations before I trust it with anything important.

And I'm glad you liked the sky. It's been either overcast or clear around here for weeks now. A little color is nice. :)

4 is my favourite, and 3 & 5 im gonna have to flip a coin over for 2nd place ;)

Yep, #4 has the best colors of the lot, or at least enough magnification to appreciate them. The funny part was there was absolutely no breeze at ground level. Lots going on up there in the thin air though. ;)

Most reactions

Back