Chanting Rock

Thank you.
I got a GPS for Christmas. Will use it to find the megaphone.....

The Desert Megaphone I presume?

Wife and I saw it on a day trip last Friday. Went through Afton Canyon (I should post the photos) to Crucero, then headed south to Ludlow following the old Tonopah Tidewater Rail Road bed.

You can clearly see the "Megaphone" on the ridgeline at the base of the hills. Let me know how it went.

The Desert Megaphone I presume?

Wife and I saw it on a day trip last Friday. Went through Afton Canyon (I should post the photos) to Crucero, then headed south to Ludlow following the old Tonopah Tidewater Rail Road bed.

You can clearly see the "Megaphone" on the ridgeline at the base of the hills. Let me know how it went.

Yeah, that one. I had some electrical problems this morning at Teutonia Peak and backed off a day early. Maybe I'll try again in a couple weeks. How's the road between Crucero and Ludlow?

How's the road between Crucero and Ludlow?

Not bad for a desert road. I have a stock 3/4 ton 4x4 Pick Up, 15 to 25 mph. I found the old rail bed interesting. Rail traffic stopped in 1933 and it was completely abandoned in 1940, ( I think ). So there's 60 + years of erosion.

Not bad for a desert road. I have a stock 3/4 ton 4x4 Pick Up, 15 to 25 mph. I found the old rail bed interesting. Rail traffic stopped in 1933 and it was completely abandoned in 1940, ( I think ). So there's 60 + years of erosion.

I've been wanting to go to Crucero for a few years. Always something though, and now I can't put it off. I wanted to this last trip but I had electrical problems with my vehicle and cut the aforementioned trip short. I get the thing out of the shop tomorrow but won't be able to attempt the run again for another week or so. Just heard so many things about the road, but never nothing I could rely on, or reports a few years old.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back