character

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
the gentleman sells fruit on the street in Zamboanga, I couldn't resist firing off about 20 shots of him., he is a very kind and good hearted fellow, as are most people in the Philippines.

Dec29th04StreetsofZC22.jpg

request Granted Tammy.. I may have got carried away here., might try it again!!

Dec29th04StreetsofZC22c.jpg

I'm begging you... Please try this in B/W .... play with the curves a bit - I think it will be wonderful.

Raymond J Barlow said:
could someone tell me why i see a check mark in the forum window on this shot? under the Rating. I see 3 of them in my posts here, and don't know what they are for.

thanks in advance

I think that may be because you are subscribed to this thread. It's a default setting in your options. To change your settings click "User CP" it's in there somewhere.

As for the photo, I like the b&w version but it looks a little too contrasty. His hair and shinny parts of his face stand out just a little too much IMHO.

Great image, you are right - that face does have a lot of character. I'd love to see a real B&W, this one is not quite real to me. So I will be different here and say I prefer the color version.

The colors are also pleasing; his skin has a ruddy tone which is warm, and the cool green background is a perfect complementary color. Very nice! :)

Great portrait. The first one was nearly there, and I think it'd work in colour, but it needs a bit of tinkering. You mind if I have a go myself?

Hi Mal, please feel free to do as you like, I am totally new at digital manipulation, I did try it again and here is my result., also, I don't know what "play with the curves means!" >>> rookie!!

Dec29th04StreetsofZCbwc22.jpg

I really enjoy this pic, especially the black and white version!!! Great catch and expression on the man's face!!! Contrast is also good in the pic!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back