Crazy Lunatic Vigilante (warning, finger gesture)

A wise man told me once that you never get anywhere arguing with idiots so yeah, best to just move on let them enjoy their blissful ignorance and everyone's happy.

One of my fathers words of wisdom - If you find yourself arguing with a crazy person, who's the craziest? Even if you convince them you haven't gained anything.

you did the best thing...leave!

A wise man told me once that you never get anywhere arguing with idiots so yeah, best to just move on let them enjoy their blissful ignorance and everyone's happy.

One of my fathers words of wisdom - If you find yourself arguing with a crazy person, who's the craziest? Even if you convince them you haven't gained anything.

Maybe you father liked Sanford & Son, too. I know I did.
th

You find idiots everywhere, but fortunately, they aren't that common. You should probably have gotten her license plate, and contacted the police. Not many people know that you can file a report without making a complaint. The value in doing that, is the police can use your information if she later crosses the line and does something really criminal.

You are all going about it the wrong way.
She's lucky it wasn't me, instead of Kirk.
The police would have come. They would have seen what a crazed former/present drug addict she is/was/.
Then guess who would have been put on the spot? An old hag with ugly hands? Or the guy with the 80 year old man in the car?

You are all going about it the wrong way.
She's lucky it wasn't me, instead of Kirk.
The police would have come. They would have seen what a crazed former/present drug addict she is/was/.
Then guess who would have been put on the spot? An old hag with ugly hands? Or the guy with the 80 year old man in the car?

Ha! All well and good and I would've loved to have seen the sheriff at the very least setting her straight on the difference between a public road and private property and why ignorant people shouldn't try taking the law into their own hands and then arrest her for stalking and attempted assault with her vehicle. She clearly did both but I can't stress enough my concern for Ken, the 88 yr. old gentleman, no one understands how easily and badly he gets stressed out and I was doing everything I could think of to get away from her so that he nor I didn't blow a fuse. I wasn't just worried about Ken having a stroke or worse, I was worried I might seriously do something I would regret later and possibly hurt her. I was seeing red and about to lose it, I couldn't let myself do what i really wanted to do and that was ram her and shove her into a ditch and then call the cops ... had to get out of there or I would be sitting in a county jail awaiting a trial and that's wouldn't have been the best thing for Ken. If I were alone at the time I might be listening to a jail house lawyer about now.

I always carry a nice bag of roofing nails and steel ball bearings for people like this woman.
Put a few nails in your hand. As they follow you simply stick your left had out of the window and kind of grab the roof of the car like you're just cruising with the window down.
A slight flick of the wrist, and they never see it coming. By the time the tires goes flat, they are usually miles away and never know where the nails came from.

The ball bearings with obliterate a wind shield quicker than you can shake a stick. But I've not taken that route in a very long time for fear of hurting someone.

....Years ago I was grabbed from the back on the sidewalk in downtown Toronto. I was taking a night picture of the moon coming up between two high rises. A guy I never saw grabbed me from the back and was trying to rip my camera from me while screaming I was taking a picture of his store. Unless his store was across the street and on the moon I don't think so scooter. He was threatening to call the cops. I said I don't where your store is but you just assaulted me so if you want to call the cops fine, call them, I'll wait. He went back into his store swearing at me.

Control freaks, they are out there.
Mine was in a coffee shop a few years back on the Wounded Warrior Run BC. The team were milling about, talking to patrons, and 'spreading the word'. I was shooting a few general shots for social media, and I saw a slightly scruffy patron order the largest size cup of coffee, thought nothing of it, and I was standing adjacent to the cream & sugar area, ignored him as he walked over to me. He put probably a half-dozens spoons of sugar, a BIG shot of cream in the coffee, sidled up right beside me, whispered that, "This is what I got for taking his picture" and poured the coffee over me and my gear... it takes a LONG time to get coffee syrup out of focusing rings, let me tell you!!!

@K9Kirk still think you made the wise choice, being the adult in the matter. This is a strange world we live in today, where so many times common sense gives way to rage. Couple years ago, two women got into a rode rage incident on an interstate not far from us, they both pulled over, one got out walked to the other's car and shot her point blank. You just don't know what may or may not be the state of mind, or the ability of a man or woman to do harm. Look at the jogger shot and killed outside Brunswick, GA in Feb, because it was suspected that he was breaking into a construction site, because he walked through it. He could have just as easily been taking photographs.

Not sure about your area, but I suspect it's probably like ours, unless you have a "legitimate" reason to be in a neighborhood, when the police are called there's a 99% chance they'll lean in favor of the resident.

@K9Kirk still think you made the wise choice, being the adult in the matter. This is a strange world we live in today, where so many times common sense gives way to rage. Couple years ago, two women got into a rode rage incident on an interstate not far from us, they both pulled over, one got out walked to the other's car and shot her point blank. You just don't know what may or may not be the state of mind, or the ability of a man or woman to do harm. Look at the jogger shot and killed outside Brunswick, GA in Feb, because it was suspected that he was breaking into a construction site, because he walked through it. He could have just as easily been taking photographs.

Not sure about your area, but I suspect it's probably like ours, unless you have a "legitimate" reason to be in a neighborhood, when the police are called there's a 99% chance they'll lean in favor of the resident.

That's true and sometimes the good cops that are smart and listening very well will detect when the wrong word goes in the right ear and know that a resident is telling a lie or there just isn't any proof that a crime was committed as some residents claim but with me I'd rather just avoid the stress of having to defend myself to a cop that's looking at me as a possible criminal from the get go until I've made a believer out of him. Not that you're guilty until proven innocent but when you're not in a court where a single cop pretty much plays judge and jury to determine whether he or she should haul you in you need to be real fast and good with the words to convince them of your innocence or you might be bunking with ol' Bubba in country.

Not that you're guilty until proven innocent but when you're not in a court where a single cop pretty much plays judge and jury

Yup I've seen more then a few do that. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of professional LEOs out there, but like all professions there's a few bad apples.

....Years ago I was grabbed from the back on the sidewalk in downtown Toronto. I was taking a night picture of the moon coming up between two high rises. A guy I never saw grabbed me from the back and was trying to rip my camera from me while screaming I was taking a picture of his store. Unless his store was across the street and on the moon I don't think so scooter. He was threatening to call the cops. I said I don't where your store is but you just assaulted me so if you want to call the cops fine, call them, I'll wait. He went back into his store swearing at me.

Control freaks, they are out there.
Mine was in a coffee shop a few years back on the Wounded Warrior Run BC. The team were milling about, talking to patrons, and 'spreading the word'. I was shooting a few general shots for social media, and I saw a slightly scruffy patron order the largest size cup of coffee, thought nothing of it, and I was standing adjacent to the cream & sugar area, ignored him as he walked over to me. He put probably a half-dozens spoons of sugar, a BIG shot of cream in the coffee, sidled up right beside me, whispered that, "This is what I got for taking his picture" and poured the coffee over me and my gear... it takes a LONG time to get coffee syrup out of focusing rings, let me tell you!!!

You took the high road kudos for doing that, it isn't always easy, especially when all your senses are telling you to give the sob what he deserves. To each his own on how they handle a situation, they wear the shoes, not others. Good and bad can be said for just about every imagined scenario depending on how it's viewed. It's also hard to say what you would actually do in certain situations where tempers are flared but the thought of giving that guy a good shove onto the floor when he initially assaulted you is pleasing to the mind and you would've been withing your rights to do so. You chose to moved away from trouble instead and who could argue that that was the sane thing to do.

Most reactions

Back