Charger MH18A

tenlientl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey, guys. I have a D90 with EN-EL3e batteries. For some reason, my charger broke (might be due to the fact I left it plugged for weeks).

A Nikon MH18A Charger is around $70. That's a lot for now so I was thinking of eBay and buying a non-Nikon brand one. I could buy a used one off of craigslist or the non-Nikon one.

Question about the non-Nikon brands. It's the same thing, right? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

You might also want to look on Amazon. Thought I remember seeing some Universal charger for really inexpensive, with free shipping. Wasn't much at all. At least worth a try, as a charger is a charger in most cases. As long as you get a pretty good one, not just junk that will wear out your batteries, you should be fine.

Last edited:
That's exactly my concern. Wearing my batteries out.

Question about the non-Nikon brands. It's the same thing, right?
No, the non-Nikon brands are not the same thing. Similar, but you know the old saying, "Close, but no cigar."

Of course it's not the same thing (one is not Nikon). I was talking about "it'll charge the en-el3 without harming your battery."

Anyways. I saw that Amazon one. Like I said, I was just worried about getting non-Nikon charger/battery. I was actually looking at this one: Nikon EN-EL3 Battery+Charger+Cable+LCD: Amazon.ca: Electronics (althou the battery doesn't look like it will fit the charger...)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a nice little charger made by Digital Concepts, has modules that interchange to fit several Nikon batteries, like En-El3's and En-El9's. It fits others, but those are what we are most concerned with here on TPF (most Nikon DSLR's).

It will operate off either ac (house current), or from the hot accessory outlet in my vehicle.

I use it for several batteries, for my D40, D70 and D80, have had it for more than a year, and it does me just fine. Tells how much charge the battery has, shows progression as it recharges, and will cut off when battery is fully charged.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back