What's new

A blast from the past - Nikon D70s

Found this photo I took with the D70s....my brother lent me his AF-S 85mm f1.4....i didn't realize what I even had attached to my camera (boy, I do know tho!)....I was freaking clueless as to what I was doing, Just look at the camera setting 🤣😜😂....WTF!? (F/1.4 85.0mm 1/2500s.....ISO wasn't listed)

But even with all that wrong, it took a great photo!
1000000299.webp
 
Last edited:
Still an excellent camera for anyone. All the latest gizmos don't make you a better photographer.
 
Great shots. I love using older digital cameras. There is a false pretense that these cameras cannot produce good photos anymore and should be discarded, but you prove that notion wrong. It benefits those who are less experienced in the craft to see things like them, because it teaches the idea that skill is more important than the gear one uses.
 
interestingly enough, assuming its clean and in proper working order of course, the D70s is still capable of producing the same quality photos as when it was released in 2005. my Fuji X-E2 and X-T10 still do just as good portrait work as when i bought them 10 years ago.
older DSLR's are a great way for someone to get into photography cheap and see if its a hobby they actually want to pursue before jumping down the rabbit hole of expensive bodies and lenses.
 
Pixmedic I still have a D90 bought from you about 12-13 years ago. Been out for repairs once and won't recognize any flash other than the on board. It's still one of my favorites. Thanks. :chuncky:
 
Agree Martin, my D90 is still good as gold, bought second hand about 12 years ago. Never needed any attention. Still shoots great images, I love it.
 
My first digital was the D80, with (as mentioned) a 10MP sensor. The camera died after a number of years (mirror box assembly failed) but I have excellent images from it. Now I am the 'caretaker' of the D200 (same sensor) which my neighbor gave me.

The CCD sensors in the early Nikons do have a look of their own. With less resolution, more noise when pushed, and the built-in anti-aliasing filter, still, the color and density of the image has been compared to the 'feel' of 35mm many times. I shot 35mm for 20 years before I went digital, so yes, I'd agree.

Out of camera, the D80 looked (and the D200 looks) quite different from my 45mp pro rig, which is far more analytical-looking. You can "do thihgs in post", but the whole point is: the earlier sensor gives it to you up front.

I was just out for a walk with the D200 before I came in and saw this thread.
A couple of grab shots:


Statue.webp
Plant.webp
leaf 2.webp


C.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom