Cheap Beer

Very nice.

I can't say I'm fond of that particular brew though. The memory of a few rounds of beer pong (after the only non drinker was sent to get beer and came back with that stuff) is enough to make me shudder.

It's not bad once you've had a few. :lol:

It always gives me a hangover though.

Oh yeah, definitely better than Natural Ice.

Natural Ice, you have to already be drunk to drink. I mean, drunk enough that you could pick up the can everyone is using for an ash tray and not notice. :lol:

Years ago me and my room-mate would buy it when we were really broke. I think it was like $10 for a case. :lmao: I tried one recently (at a party, that's all that was left) ... I can't believe we used to drink that crap. :meh:

Here Josh is in 10 more years...on the couch, drinkin' a Steel Reserve...

http://beerismypoison.com/files/2009/04/steve-jamesson-steel-reserve1.jpg

That has to be the most vile canned "beer" out there.

But, dude, it says right on the can, "Slow brewed for exceptionally smooth flavor"....

Oddly...I once bought a 40 ounce bottle of the stuff and poured about 16 ounces of it, maybe a bit more, then capped the bottle and left it in the mini-fridge for like two months. LOTS of air in the bottle. Anyway, long story short, instead of pouring it out, I actually poured it in to a beerglass and drank it...and the oddest thing was that that old, aged Steel Reserve had an amazing flavor to it. And I mean that as a serious beer lover...it tasted as good, or better, than many "premium" microbrews available here in town on tap...I simply cannot explain it. In roughly 30 years of beer-drinking, I have never had a similar experience. Normally, when first opened, canned Steel Reserve has a somewhat metallic taste that is almost synonymous with traditional American mass-produced "malt liquor" type beer in cans, dating way back to before you were born with Colt 45, then Magnum...the overriding taste sensation being "somewhat metallic"...but the aged (dare I say bottle-lagered??) Steel Reserve in a glass 40 was actually one of the tastiest beers I've had in a couple years. Weird!!!

LOL. I'm pretty sure I've had Steel Reserve before, but I've never tried to age it. Maybe I'll pick up a 40 on the way home tomorrow.

Actually, I do remember getting hammered off my ass on it one time.

Oh yeah, definitely better than Natural Ice.

Natural Ice, you have to already be drunk to drink. I mean, drunk enough that you could pick up the can everyone is using for an ash tray and not notice. :lol:

Years ago me and my room-mate would buy it when we were really broke. I think it was like $10 for a case. :lmao: I tried one recently (at a party, that's all that was left) ... I can't believe we used to drink that crap. :meh:

The one time I had Natty Ice was down in Macon, GA and thereabouts. I was flown down by a group of friends I met on Xbox Live. They were the three member of my Halo 2 team (back in like 05 or 06), and still good friends of mine to this day.

We got together with some of their friends from the area that I didn't know as well. As it turned out, one of them knew about this awesome heated pool in some gated community. It was a public pool to the residents, but this friend of theirs actually had the keypad code to get into it.

We picked up a sizable case of Natty Light. Must have been a 30 pack? We threw approximately half of them in a garbage bag, and took them to the pool. None of the residents were there. It was during the work week in the summer. So it was a humid 97 degrees out at 2:00pm. Subsequently, we decided to throw the bag of beers into the pool. Probably not the best decision.

Warm natty light, warm pool, hot sun. It was terrible. I felt so incredibly ****ty that day. Never again.

This isnt cheap beer. Cheap beer comes in odd shape 40 oz bottle and not cans.

I don't drink much beer these day, doctors orders. But when I do, it's Sam Adams in a bottle. Varies by the time of the year. BTW, nice close up shot.

Natty Ice is the middle-aged alcoholic's beer...along with all the other multiple high-alcohol, cheap "ice" beers that follow that "code of the can", with the blue and silver theme...it's for the guy who wants to say, "I only drank a six-pack last night." Meaning a six-er of 16 oz cans. Meaning three quarts of beer....meaning three-quarters of a gallon...of high-alcohol beer...

@Derrel,

There are some quality home-brew beers that I make that are quite high on the alcohol content, some over 7%. Typically these are fruit based like Cherry-Honey Wheat, or Blackberry Brown Sugar Ale.

Not just for alcoholics!

I cant finish what I want to say. ( headin to the fridge).

Thanks everyone.

Most reactions

Back