*cheap*Film scanners

Trevor Weaver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking to buy a cheap 35mm film scanner. I'm considering just getting a cheap flatbed, but I'm not sure. My budget is $100~150. Superb quality, and extra features are unneeded. I'm a broke student who just wants to convert film to digital format for printing/archiving purposes. I've searched the forums for other threads, but all of the suggested scanners were like $400+ and even past the 1K mark.

Thanks in advance!

Epson 4490.

Superb quality? Doubtful you're going to get that for $100 - $150. How big do you plan on printing the scans?

Using a flatbed with the proper film holder, would fit your budget and would probably give you decent (not great) results.

Scower E-bay, you might get lucky and be able to sneak away with one of those 1K scanners for around your price range. I got one for just under 200.

If not look around B&H or a local office supply store for a film enabled Canon LiDE, they are usually very inexpencive and work well for their price. I have seen them starting around $80 (UDS). With that price range superb is unlikely, but they should be sufficient for you.

Most reactions

Back