What's new

*Cheap Telephoto* Canon EF 75-300mm F4-5.6 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mike

I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
33,896
Reaction score
1,853
Location
Edmonton
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Canon EF 75-300mm F4-5.6 II

$100

$20 shipping & handling in North America

payment via paypal.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #2
Bump.

OK, I won't say this lens is fantastic...but it's not terrible and it's cheap!
 
I might be interested in purchasing this lens but I need some information. Is it a manual zoom (I wasn't expecting USM for this price:-) or does it use one of those slow as molases DC motors? Thanks.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
No, this one doesn't have the USM focus motor. It's the 'II' version.
Canon EF 75-300mm lens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I haven't used it, so I can't say how loud or slow to focus it is. (I can test it tomorrow). But it's practically out of the box. It belonged to my wife's 2nd cousin (or how ever they are related) and it sat in a camera bag for probably a decade before they got a digital camera and just handed it over to me (along with a Rebel G body & 28-80mm lens.)
 
I checked mine and it is probably older as it has no motor and you have to manually specify depth of field. With that said I think I'll stick with the one I have which is just as sharp. You might be able to sell the rest of the stuff at Fredmiranda.com as their buy and sell is quite active.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #6
Bump
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
Sold.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom