CHECK THIS OUT. Got this shot the afternoon. HE'S HOLDING A CRYSTAL BALL IN HIS MOUTH

LightSpeed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Oh man...WHAT THE HELL?...........He's holding a crystal ball in his mouth.
Man this is starting to trip me out. Something as overlooked as a tiny fruit fly.
14 megapixels of beauty. I can't believe I got this shot.
Again!

I'm not finished with it. But here.

6740010089_ee064cbfe0_b.jpg

LightSpeed - Bringing it

Wow. I am jealous of every shot you post. This makes me want a macro rig so badly!

Wow. I am jealous of every shot you post. This makes me want a macro rig so badly!

They will do that with water or spit sometimes. Nice shot!

And a few, what appear to be, pollen grains on its abdomen as well!
Wish it were a bit warmer and drier here - I'd be out doing more macro stuffs (I hate macro in the cold muddy - you always come back feeling all soggy)

And a few, what appear to be, pollen grains on its abdomen as well!
Wish it were a bit warmer and drier here - I'd be out doing more macro stuffs (I hate macro in the cold muddy - you always come back feeling all soggy)

That's part of the game man.
I had to lay in mud and water to get this.
Wet and soggy here too, just wasn't cold today.
I came in dirty as hell nonetheless. 5 minutes and I was cleaned up.
It was worth it.
lol

No pain no gain.

Really nice job! Getting that water drop is pretty awesome.

Really nice job! Getting that water drop is pretty awesome.
Thank you.
We are not sure if it's a water drop, but it looks like one.

Edit 1
6740569205_6e28569513_b.jpg

Amazing shot yet again!

However yesterday you scared one into loosening his insides and today the poor fly wretched up his lunch :lol:

Man this is awesome!!! What are the odds? So I guess it's solved! He wasn't pooping. Unless he's eating his own... Lol just kidding. While I had the biggest WTF failure in my short photography life today. I went to photograph a spider and.... I don't know what happened... In the process of photographing it I unintentionally killed it and threw it across my yard. Don't ask me how cause I can't completely answer. I told my husband the story and he laughed right in my face.

Man this is awesome!!! What are the odds? So I guess it's solved! He wasn't pooping. Unless he's eating his own... Lol just kidding. While I had the biggest WTF failure in my short photography life today. I went to photograph a spider and.... I don't know what happened... In the process of photographing it I unintentionally killed it and threw it across my yard. Don't ask me how cause I can't completely answer. I told my husband the story and he laughed right in my face.

Edit 2
6740587793_797a3741d3_b.jpg

What up boyy!
I think this is it.

No that's not the same thing as the Egg shot.
What he's holding in his mouth is something completely different. I think it's a water drop or like Gipson said, " Spit."
I would have termed it saliva. lol
But I still think it may be a water drop.

First rule of macro.........." don't kill your subject."

No that's not the same thing as the Egg shot.What he's holding in his mouth is something completely different. I think it's a water drop or like Gipson said, " Spit."I would have termed it saliva. lolBut I still think it may be a water drop.First rule of macro.........." don't kill your subject."
Lol! Is it weird that I still tried to photograph it after I killed it??? Weirdly enough you could not tell it was dead! I thought what a great opportunity to practice! I could put it in any light, angle I want! But then one thing led to another, and I ended up throwing it. Unintentionally of course. Yeah. Weird day.

Most reactions

Back