Chemical Plant

unpopular

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Today I obtained permission to photograph around a small chemical plant that manufactures livestock feed supplements. I had planned to photograph the stacks at the sugar plant, and left my 28mm in the car and ended up being limited to 50mm - which was kind of unfortunate. Just goes to show, you never know what you'll end up needing.

Your thoughts are welcome and appreciated :)

1) "Manifold"

8080686396_55dc2de96a_b.jpg

2) "Portal NL2"
8080607888_752be2be19_b.jpg

3) "Star Capsule"
8080614701_82e292d8c5_b.jpg

4) "Major Tom"
8080614747_a4217b1f95_b.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, lower the contrast. These have way too much contrast for you :lol:

Nice set! Favorite is probably the first.

lol. I was like "WTF??? Can't you people make up your mind????" when I first read that!

I'll use contrast where line is the dominant element.

"Manifold" is my favorite from this set as well. Thanks for looking :)

I really like the 2nd image. That image in a black frame, beautiful. I also like the 3rd image. Nice!

I'm not sure I agree (respectfully) with Rotanimod. I like the contrast. #1 & 2 look like something out of a Kubrick film; #4 is great. I LOVE the shadows

#1 does nothing for me, but the others are quite nice. I especially like #3, but I would crop the little piece of seam in the upper right corner.

Is #4 missing or just mislabeled as #5?

Nice set indeed! Numbers 2 and 3 are strong photos. #3, of the galvanized beams??? That shot totally @@@king rocks dude! Seriously, well-seen! I LOVE THAT PHOTO!

Best set I've seen here in a long,long time.

3 :thumbup:

Thanks everyone! And Derrel, wow, what a compliment! #3 really did benefit from new gear. I totally misjudged the DOF on this one, having DOF preview really saved the day! Before I got the a350, I was using a rangefinder, so it's been so long since I had DOF preview, I kind of forgot just how much I use it!

I'm not sure I agree (respectfully) with Rotanimod.

This was a joke. Most of my stuff is really low contrast.

Most reactions

Back