Cherry Blossoms around the Tidal Basin

Trblmkr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a few pictures from this past weekend of the Cherry Bloosoms. There weren't that many yet so in the early morning I decided to shoot some of the monuments in the Tidal Basin. I'll be going out again next weekend when hopefully all of the tress will be in bloom.

1. Cherry Tree

Cherry Top by trbl_2, on Flickr

2. Jefferson Monument framed by Cherries

Jefferson with Blossoms2 by trbl_2, on Flickr

3. Jefferson Monument at Sunrise

Jefferson Monument and Skyline by trbl_2, on Flickr

4. Jefferson Monument at Sunrise

Jerfferson Monument At Sunrise by trbl_2, on Flickr

#2 is beautiful, love how the scene is framed with cherry blossoms.

Pretty! I want to see the cherry blossoms as the focal point with the water behind..maybe when there is a bit more light.

Fun shots!!! I'm going to be in DC this weekend!! Woohoo! I can't wait.

3 is my favorite followed by 2
I just have 3 nitpick's with #3

The bright light in the sky. I presume is the moon? It's too small to add to the photo so I'd clone it out.

The lone light on the right side of the frame

The small bright reflection in the foreground.

My eye just kept bouncing between those three points.

View attachment 41716

Nice set.

The blossoms should be at full peak on Wed, so this weekend should be optimal. Provided of course, no heavy winds or rain to knock them off.

Pretty! I want to see the cherry blossoms as the focal point with the water behind..maybe when there is a bit more light.

I agree with you. With more trees in bloom, that's my goal for this weekend.

3 is my favorite followed by 2
I just have 3 nitpick's with #3

The bright light in the sky. I presume is the moon? It's too small to add to the photo so I'd clone it out.

The lone light on the right side of the frame

The small bright reflection in the foreground.

My eye just kept bouncing between those three points.

View attachment 41716

Nice set.

Thanks for the compliment and input.

Yes.. that is the moon, or what little of it there is. And yes, it can be cloned out
2nd good point.
3rd. yeah I was very disappointed that no matter where I went around the basin there was always a bright light in the shot. There are actually three of them, so I thought I was pretty lucky I got it down to one. I'll revisit this picture and see how much of the light I can clone out without destroying the image.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Were there many blooms yet? You saw my thread on Great Falls, VA. Shot those on Saturday. I was thinking of heading down to shoot the CB's on Sunday, but they weren't in bloom yet on Friday (I work downtown DC and walked down to the tidal basin at lunch).

Maybe next weekend would be good. Probably will peak this week...

Were there many blooms yet? You saw my thread on Great Falls, VA. Shot those on Saturday. I was thinking of heading down to shoot the CB's on Sunday, but they weren't in bloom yet on Friday (I work downtown DC and walked down to the tidal basin at lunch).

Just a few trees around the basin really. The National Park is predicting all should be out by this Wed. So this coming weekend should be really good. I'm planing on going Sun myself.

Just a few trees around the basin really. The National Park is predicting all should be out by this Wed. So this coming weekend should be really good. I'm planing on going Sun myself.

It's going to be a mad house! I was downtown on Saturday afternoon in my car. It took me an HOUR to get from NY Avenue and 15th St to the corner of Constitution and 15th St. That's about 5 blocks. :mrgreen:

The blossoms should be at full peak on Wed, so this weekend should be optimal. Provided of course, no heavy winds or rain to knock them off.
Yes, I just saw the new bloom date is this Wednesday! That is very exciting. I'm staying in Bethesda and going to take the train in. Any tips? I heard there is going to be a parade on Saturday?! Is that a good thing or bad...lol

Mish - check the Metro's website for track work delays (wmata.com) as well as transfer points and what not. I like the Smithsonian station (Blue Line) for getting to the blossoms, though you'd have to transfer from the red line (blue line towards Largo Town Center).

I may be going down during the week.

Thanks, Charlie. I have to start really mapping out my attack tonight. I might have to hit The Traveler and you up with some last minute questions! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back