Photos OK to edit
I look forward to your feedback.

bridge5_800.jpg

mr_chicago_800.jpg

self_portrait4_bw_800.jpg

Tribune_Watertower_800.jpg

ice1_800.jpg

1 and 3 stand out for me great stuff love the comp :mrgreen:

I think #4 is very meaningful. All of 'em are great. Gratz!

#1 is worth a nomination

Number 1 and 2 are my favorits. Why?:
The bridgephoto leaves me think about what happend at the end of it. There is many space for imagination!
The figure says "welcom to my town... have a wonderful day" ;)

I like the composition of the first one the most, but it seems overexposed, did U do that on purpose?

Could it have been an icy cold and foggy day the day before yesterday in Chicago, maybe :wink: !??!

Very nice ones.
I seem to have taken a similar one to your bridge photo in Hamburg a while ago, they have a bridge that resembles this one --- there are ever so MANY bridges there, mind you! Nice one, but also I find it is a bit on the bright side. All of these could do with only a slight boost in contrasts, I think.

I like that friendly gesture of the statue man! Very inviting.

Brrr, and that water/ice looks sooooooooooooooooo cold!
To be imagining fog in the air at the same time makes me SHIVER!

I like the composition of the first one the most, but it seems overexposed, did U do that on purpose?
I probably boosted the contrast just a bit too much, which made the sky too bright. I didn't want the bridge to be any darker.

I have another bridge photo that is not quite as bright, or I could work on this one a bit more....

Thanks for the comments!

To those who felt the bridge was a little on the light side, do you like this one better?

bridge3_800.jpg

Well, I for one like the "darker", i.e. this second photo of the bridge a lot better. Much more detail there.
And seeing as this is in Landscape and Nature right now, I feel it ought to move to the General Gallery! Will do so NOW :D ;).

Amazing. I really loved #1 and 3, the black and white was perfect for them. What kind of camera do you use?

Amazing. I really loved #1 and 3, the black and white was perfect for them.
:blushing: Thanks.

What kind of camera do you use?
For these, I used my Pentax K100D. I cannot say enough good things about the anti-shake mechanism built into the body. These were all made with the kit lens.

Ah, just found out that the photo of the bridge in Hamburg that so resembles "your" bridge in Chicago is somewhere here on TPF, i.e. in the Photo Themes under "Repetition as composition", last_post . Just in case you are interested ;).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back